Live TV stopped working (windows 10) (1 Viewer)

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dear support team,

I do not know what has been changed or what I have done wrong.. The only thing that has changed is that I have installed Spotify.

But I cannot watch Live TV anymore, Mediaportal starts normaly, I can see the TV EPG, but when I click a channel to watch I get an "Unknown error has occured" error message pop up (but then in dutch :) )

What I have tried this far:
    Reinstalled the BDA drivers for the Digital Everywhere FireDTV DVB-C TV card
    Installed the "IEEE 1394 OHCI Compliant Host controller (Legacy)" driver (however it used to work OK with the default installed driver)
    rescanned all channels
    Restart of TVService does not help anymore, same error remains.
    Restart of computer does not help anymore

I must add to this that even since I used Windows 8.1 (and since a few months windows 10), after I have started the computer, I ALWAYS had to kill TVService in task manager, tab processes, and then restart TVservice in task manager tab services, to get live TV working. No exeptions, so there was something wrong already for at least a year or so.

I have run watchdog just a minute ago, logs attached
    Also my system specs updated

So what is wrong and what can I do about it,

Thanks in advance,

Marco

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Marco

The TV service log clearly shows the problem:
    [2015-09-26 18:48:55,829] [Log ] [13 ] [INFO ] - dvb: RunGraph returns: 0x800705AA
    [2015-09-26 18:48:55,829] [Log ] [13 ] [ERROR] - Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph
    bij TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.RunGraph(Int32 subChannel)
    bij TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.DoTune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, Boolean ignorePMT)
    bij TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBC.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)

Please try to restart the TV service. If that doesn't help, please try to restart the PC. If that doesn't help... well, the problem is related to your FloppyDTV tuner.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I think it is time for a new TV card then, for me digital devices is the only option I think, as it must have a CAM module that is compattible with Alphacrypt Calssic CAM.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would not be so quick to jump to that conclusion. I can't tell you what is wrong, but the card is very unlikely to be broken.
    P.S. AFAIK most CI slots should work with an Alphacrypt Classic.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Alphacrypt Calssic CAM
    Marco, did you happen to update the FW on this CAM recently? v3.25 should be the latest version to use, since the latter ones seem to cause problems.

And for me the Digital Devices (Cine CT v6 for me) card works really really nice. ;)

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Alphacrypt Calssic CAM
    Marco, did you happen to update the FW on this CAM recently? v3.25 should be the latest version to use, since the latter ones seem to cause problems.

And for me the Digital Devices (Cine CT v6 for me) card works really really nice. ;)

Thanks guys,

A normal restart of the computer did not work, but turning it off and switch off the power button at the back of the computer, leave it off for a minute, did the trick.. But I still had to kill TVservice in task manager and restart it again under the service tab. Which is strange.

The Alphacrypt has version 3.19, I do not have a PCMCIA card slot anymore to be able to update it. I just learned when using the digital device solution you need to upgrade to version 3.2 or higher.

But OK, watching CSI now in marvelous HD quality, so its OK for now, but I will look into the Digital Device products, it is after all a little more modern and probably works better with windows 10. The digital everywhere card is already 7 years old or something (I started with MP 1.2 beta !.. years ago, with windows XP!)

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    When this sort of thing happened on Windows MC I found I had trouble with the live TV buffer (that I was using on a USB stick).
    So I would revisit the Timeshifting buffer and change location or delete and recreate the folder.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I know, I had this before on my old Kingston-rubbish- SSH drive. The SSH generated an overwhelmingly ammount of read/write erros making the timeshift not working at all, changing it to my oldfashionned but reliable 500Gb Samsung spinpoint harddrive solved all problems at that time (lot of stutter, blocking images, sometimes even stop playing at all)

BUT right now that does not seem the problem. because when it plays, it plays good.. and I do not have a good alternatice to relocate the timeshift folder.

Right now the problem is back, so again I will turn off my computer turn of the power and try again.. This is getting anoying!

Tomorrow I will upgrade the Alphacrypt firmware from 3.19 to 3.25, see if that helps, I hope I can do that at work, where we have a PCMCIA card reader/writer

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was unable to upgrade my Alphacrypt CAM, I borrowed the Omnidrive USB2 LF PCMCIA card reader from work, but it does not recognize the Alphacrypt, it is missing the driver for the alphacrypt, the old WinXP drivers do not work on Windows 10 64, Also tried the APsoft Cardware 7.0 package, but no succes. Just a too old of technology no longer properly supported.

The company that sells the Digital Device hardware also offers the service to upgrade the Alphacrypt, but then it wil get firmware 3.28.2, will this work properly with MP1.12 and Ziggo?

Btw, I got the digital everywhere working again by reinstalling the BDA drivers.. but for how long? .. its is going from bad to worse!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Marco, if the setup used to work fine with the current CAM firmware then it is very unlikely that updating the firmware would help. The tuner won't suddenly stop working with the CAM unless the CAM is dying for some reason (...and in that case, upgrading the firmware won't help either! ;) ).

With regard to this problem you mentioned in the first post...
    I must add to this that even since I used Windows 8.1 (and since a few months windows 10), after I have started the computer, I ALWAYS had to kill TVService in task manager, tab processes, and then restart TVservice in task manager tab services, to get live TV working. No exeptions, so there was something wrong already for at least a year or so.

The most obvious explanation for this is a known quirk with the FloppyDTV. If TV Server tries to use (or even just load?) the tuner before the driver has finished loading then the FloppyDTV may fail to work, and will continue to fail until the TV service is restarted. The usual solution for this is to apply a tuner detection delay:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ration/06_General#Delay_for_TV_card_detection

Note that you are making this problem more likely to occur because you've configured your tuner to be preloaded. Enabling the idle EPG grabber can also make this problem more likely to occur.

In fact, it is even possible that what I've described above is the cause of all the problems that you're experiencing.

I am still 95% certain that the problem is not with the tuner. For me there's just not enough evidence of this yet...

Do you use standby or hibernate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom