Live TV stopped working (windows 10) (1 Viewer)

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the tip!

I will give it a try tonight...

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry,

It makes no difference if after a complete restart of Standby, the problem is always the same. I do not use hybernate

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have thought it over again, but I have ordered a new DD DuoFLex C/C2/T/T2 tuner with PCI CI module anyways, I have found a shop that sells these in the Netherlands as a bundle and provides a service to upgrade the Alphacrypt to 3.28.2. I have talked to the guy via email and he confirmed 3.25 and 3.27 were not good, but this version is much better and has some special improvements for Dutch cable providers like Ziggo and Caiway (hence the added .2), tomorrow I will send the CAM to him for an upgrade.

Advantage of this new device is that it has two tuners, that can be decoded with only one CAM, so I can record one channel while watching another, a feature I was missing more and more. I also hope it can be used with Standby and hybernate so I can set up recording schedules, With the current problems I have that was impossible. Last but not least it uses PCI, so I can get rid of the firewire card, which offers me the opportunity to expand the system with another tuner in the future. It also does not take up so much space in the computer, which is better for cooling, I hope I can slow down the case fans a little bit more.

I hope the PC cards and CAM arrive later this week, so I can play with it during the weekend. Will let you know how it works :) So next few days only the FTA channels for me :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have talked to the guy via email and he confirmed 3.25 and 3.27 were not good, but this version is much better and has some special improvements for Dutch cable providers like Ziggo and Caiway (hence the added .2), tomorrow I will send the CAM to him for an upgrade.
    I hope you don't regret this later. @HomeY has already tried 3.28:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dropouts-when-watching-hd-tv.127679/page-13#post-1115416

If I recall correctly, he still thinks that 3.25 is the latest version which works properly.

Advantage of this new device is that it has two tuners, that can be decoded with only one CAM, so I can record one channel while watching another, a feature I was missing more and more.
    Missing? :confused:
    My understanding is that an AlphaCrypt CAM can decrypt 4 channels. Therefore your FloppyDTV is able to use it to decrypt up to 4 encrypted channels from the same transmitter. Your new DD setup will not be able to do that. Instead you will only be able to decrypt 1 channel per tuner.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have talked to the guy via email and he confirmed 3.25 and 3.27 were not good, but this version is much better and has some special improvements for Dutch cable providers like Ziggo and Caiway (hence the added .2), tomorrow I will send the CAM to him for an upgrade.
    I hope you don't regret this later. @HomeY has already tried 3.28:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dropouts-when-watching-hd-tv.127679/page-13#post-1115416

If I recall correctly, he still thinks that 3.25 is the latest version which works properly.

It is not the original Mascom 3.28 firmware, the guy has modified it a little to work better, hence the new version number of 3.28.2

Advantage of this new device is that it has two tuners, that can be decoded with only one CAM, so I can record one channel while watching another, a feature I was missing more and more.
    Missing? :confused:
    My understanding is that an AlphaCrypt CAM can decrypt 4 channels. Therefore your FloppyDTV is able to use it to decrypt up to 4 encrypted channels from the same transmitter. Your new DD setup will not be able to do that. Instead you will only be able to decrypt 1 channel per tuner.
    [/quote]

No, that is only true for channels on the same transponder (not transmitter), so when one channel is on transponder 1 and the one you want to record is on transponder 10, this would not work.I have tried this but was not practical at all..Most of the time the channels I would like to watch/record were NOT on the same transponder, MP then shows the message that no free TV card is available

The Alphacrypt can decrypt 4 channels simultaneously, however the DD system can decode upto three tuners the same time. The DUoFlex has 2 tuners and that is OK for me.

If I need more tuners in the future, I can add two extra DuoFLex cards and replace the single CI module with a dual CI module, and then it would be possible to decode 6 channels the same time.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Interesting! TNX for the heads-up, then i'll go give the update a try also. Never mind, misread :(
    As a sidenode: 3.28 isn't working, and 3.25 does work fine (that's what i'm currently running) with MP 1.12

Correct ;)

It is not the original Mascom 3.28 firmware, the guy has modified it a little to work better, hence the new version number of 3.28.2
    Is that FW downloadable from their site or something? Or can you get it from him? I see.... € 20,- they ask for the update :(
    Would like to give it a try also. Got the USB-Programmer so can do it myself.

Last edited:

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    With the purchase of the new TV card, that extra 20 euros is just part of the investment. Also if you have a properly working setup, why upgrade? I agree its not worth the 20 euros.. But I was still running on 3.19, which cannot work with the new DD hardware, so I was more or less forced to upgrade. I tried do do it myself ( tried to upgrade to 3.25), but there are no Alphacrypt drivers that work with Windows 10. I sold my old vista Notebook that did have such a PCMCIA slot, which I used to upgrade the Alphacrypt way back in 2009 to 3.19.

I will keep you all posted about the new hardware and how it all works. Probably coming weekend or next week.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    but there are no Alphacrypt drivers that work with Windows 10
    That i also need to confirm, but if it worked fine under Win 8.1, i'm pretty sure all will work fine with Win 10 ;)
    But really curious how that 3.28.2 works for you!

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @ Jeroen,

I have tried really hard last monday to update the Alphacrypt on my W10 HTPC and also on my W10 Notebook, using a CSM Omnidrive Porfessional LF (borrowed from my workplace, these things are EXPENSIVE!! http://www.csm.de/en/cards-a-drives-3/memory-card-reader.html ), downloaded the last drivers for this thing and also tried the APSoft Cardware 7.0 software ( http://www.tssc.de/site/default.aspx# ) which has ATA drivers for the Omnidrive .. But it did not work, it comes back with the message that the driver for the card (Alphacrypt) is missing. I tried to load the WinXP, Win2000, Win Vista and even the Win 98 drivers for the Alphacrypt (via the Mascom website) , but all come back that these drivers cannot load because it does not work with a X64 system...

I really regret I have sold my 32 bit HP Notebook with Windows 7 and a native PCMCIA slot, I used it a few times in the past (when it was still a Vista computer) to upgrade the Alphacrypt to version 3.15 and later 3.19 (must have been 2009 the last time I upgraded the Alphacrypt)

I am quite confident the guy where I bought the new hardware and does the Alphacrypt upgrade knows where he is talking about, so the new stuff will be indeed a big improvement..as said, I wil keep you all posted :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom