[confirm] LiveTV blank screen no sound on client video and sound works on server (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, so it looks like no data is arriving over UDP - the ports it's using are the last two numbers in this line:

Code:
    02-08-2011 07:45:57.726 [1420]Created receiver for video MP2T 58976 58977

(note: the ports are allocated dynamically, so they may change for each session).

Does playing recordings work - if it does, can you post server/client logs for that situation please ?

The RTSP setup stuff seems to be working OK, but AFAIK this uses TCP on port 554, whereas the actual streaming uses UDP on variable ports (but usually the high numbered ports, from the logs I've seen).

Tony

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    I checked and EVERY client install had added an exception to the firewall to NOT allow any ports with the mediaportal APP.
    I had disabled the firewall but maybe at that point I had not yet installed the patches and another issue was stopping the client. Regardless as soon as I read this,
    "(note: the ports are allocated dynamically, so they may change for each session).
    Does playing recordings work - if it does, can you post server/client logs for that situation please ?
    The RTSP setup stuff seems to be working OK, but AFAIK this uses TCP on port 554, whereas the actual streaming uses UDP on variable ports (but usually the high numbered ports, from the logs I've seen).
    Tony "

And I could not watch recorded TV either, nothing happened when I clicked on the manual recording from the client.
    I went to set the port as open in the log and LOW AND BEHOLD I see an exception for mediaportal exe and it is set for PUBLIC ALLOW but PRIVATE BLOCK. I checked all the test PCs setup and installed just for the client test and they were all the same.
    The client install sets a BLOCK on the private side of the fire wall. Once I set it to allow
    , it gets data. Again I turned off the firewall in the early stages of troubleshooting many times but it wasn't the cause originally.
    Please don't flame me to hard.
    Tony's comment about variable ports got me to the right place (no thanks to myself) and to ALL OF YOU that helped...:D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    tony: well done! :)
    Here's a question though. Doesn't the MP installer create those exceptions, and shouldn't it create them for public *and* private (if it is working correctly)?

mm

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good - glad it's working now :)

@Tony: well done! :)
    Here's a question though. Doesn't the MP installer create those exceptions, and shouldn't it create them for public *and* private (if it is working correctly)?

mm

Good question - need an installer expert at this point....

Tony

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    VERIFIED!

The installer, if you check "allow outside access" sets PUBLIC ALLOWED, but NOT private (HOME/WORK).
    This is tested on Windows 7 all versions.

I will try installing without selecting "allow outside..." and report right back.

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    Unchecking "allow outside access..." doesn't create any firewall exception so in order for client to work, you MUST manually check PRIVATE allow for mediaportal entry in firewall exceptions.

To get the beta client install to work.

Windows 7
    Open "Control Panel"
    Choose "Windows Firewall"
    "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall"
    Find MediaPortal in the list
    Verify the Private and Public Exceptions are checked.
    Check PRIVATE is for when you are on a trusted network like home or work
    CHECK PUBLIC is for untrusted networks like hotspots

I never liked the naming convention MS choses for this. More than one person I have discussed this with thought it meant PRIVATE for "private" access and PUBLIC for "public" access when it does not.

Anyway I hope this helps anyone else not getting Client to work.
    :D:D:D

Hi,

I assume that you have the same problem with the 2250 and with the Colossus. I don't much about the Colossus, but depending on how your channels are mapped, can you be sure which card you are using at any given time? One way is to check in TVServer config once the client starts streaming.

Because the Colossus support it relatively new, I would be inclined to remove this card and test again. If we can narrow this down to one particular card, that might help.

I'm not saying that this is necessarily the best way to work out what the problem is, just that it MIGHT provide useful information and it is what I personally would do.

Mark

I use the colossus for everything except OTA and nothing else since. I LOVE IT and now it works in clients for me. I am happy about this.

(It isn't just some sort of firewalling issue at the client is it ?)

Tony

:sorry::oops:

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    It stopped working again. AFAIK nothing changed, maybe a reboot. I am still able to see TV on server just not on client again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    And if you take down the firewall temporarily?

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    Does not work with or without firewall. For testing, I have installed on another client, fixed the firewall issue and it does work. So I think it is a (new) seperate issue on this one PC.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, please post the logs from that PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom