[confirm] LiveTV blank screen no sound on client video and sound works on server (1 Viewer)

thirdoff

Portal Pro
June 22, 2011
Good idea, but it is the right card. If I start VLC I can see what's supposed to be in the blank. It even changes channels but I have to stop and start VLC to pick up the new stream. This has been my work around (VLC).

I also disable the 2250 and haven't mapped anything to it since the reinstall.

We have a bonifide stumper here for me.

I would like to see logs to a working client not server.

I can connect to localhost:554/stream2.0 in VLC from the server, someone mentioned using RTSP from the server did they mean RTSP from within MP? Could you post this info thread, although I don't think it will matter I do want to elimate any possiblities in order to find the answer.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Does MediaPortal 1.1.3 work fine for you?

What sort of router are you using for your network? I had a linksys one a while ago, and had lots of reliability issues. I replaced it with a netgear one, and everything works perfectly.

Does your router have a built-in firewall?

I know that you can use VLC to connect to the stream, so it probably isn't a firewall issue, but maybe MediaPortal needs more information. Maybe turn off the windows firewall to test (in case it has not been configured properly by the installer).

I can provide you with logs of TV playback on a remote client. Do you want this for live or recorded TV? I assume that you see the problem for both.

Mark

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi folks

I had a look at the logs again with the TsReader and MP code last night, and to me it looks like TsReader is simply not notifying MP that there is video in the stream. However, I'm comparing to my own logs for a standalone install. Instructions for using RTSP on standalone or logs (server + client) for a remote client and live TV would be extremely helpful.

mm

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    @thirdoff: are you using the latest patches for the Colossus, or just "vanilla" 1.2.0b? I think you should try the patches if you haven't already.

I only had All_Colossus_HDPVR_Patch - I missed that part of the thread with v2 and recommend the latest patch noted in the first post in the thread.

I will try with v2 and report back.

latest dlls (v2) and still no change

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    Any luck or updates to this? Any logs from a working client or anyone even with a working client for that matter?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No updates - I *really* need logs to compare with, and I only own one computer.

cyberlu

Portal Member
    April 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: LiveTV blank screen no sound on client video and sound works on server

I can Post some Logs, but actually i returned my colossus.
    ATM i have a Terratec S7 running on my TV-Server. If you wan't i post some logs. :sorry:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: LiveTV blank screen no sound on client video and sound works on server

ATM i have a Terratec S7 running on my TV-Server. If you wan't i post some logs.
    That would definitely be appreciated - it doesn't have to be a Colossus on the server side.

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    So anyone able to post logs with a working client of ANY kind? Can we verify it works on anyone's setup or maybe list it as a bug so it gets attention (well really just regain my sanity with this issue).

:D

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    still no progress but VLC crashes every few minutes so my work around is failing. Any luck at moving this to CONFIRMED?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom