LiveTV freezes and shows a lot of artifacts (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1080p vs 1080i can't be compared AT ALL. 1080i uses way more resources.
    But you do know that this is true, right?

Doesn't XBMC playback via RTSP instead of using our TsReader?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...and what happened to this?

After switching to Microsoft DTV Decoder (cause MP is unable to use AMD Video Decoder at the moment) it is much better! ZDF HD is working without freezing and without stuttering every few minutes.

It completely contradicts this:
    No, it is not a decoder issue (because it happens with LAV Filter, Microsoft DTV and AMD Video Decoder). Also it happen with all versions of those decoders.

To be honest I find your posts really confusing, because you say one thing and then a few posts later it seems like you say the opposite.

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ...and what happened to this?

After switching to Microsoft DTV Decoder (cause MP is unable to use AMD Video Decoder at the moment) it is much better! ZDF HD is working without freezing and without stuttering every few minutes.

It completely contradicts this:
    No, it is not a decoder issue (because it happens with LAV Filter, Microsoft DTV and AMD Video Decoder). Also it happen with all versions of those decoders.

To be honest I find your posts really confusing, because you say one thing and then a few posts later it seems like you say the opposite.

No, I never say confusing things ;-)

Please read carefully ;-)

I have the same playback issues with LAV Filter, Microsoft DTV Decoder and AMD Video Decoder. So the playback issue can't be related to a decoder issue.

THEN I said, that I'm currently (!) unable to use AMD Video Decoder. In the past I was able to use the AMD Video Decoder. I can't use it since MP 1.5 OR (!) since the latest Catalyst version. So something changed. But this is a completly different issue and has nothing to do with the playback issue.

Also I said, that I made a complete new installation (incl. Windows, formatting the harddrive, etc.). So, there is nothing confusing :)

And regarding the ZDF HD improvements: This was just temporary. It was directly posted within a ongoing discussion. It was not a final result that ZDF works now for every... that's why I'm still posting here. The issues are still there.

I also told so many times, that the EPG grabber is causing the issue. Maybe there is something which will also causing the issue, but EPG grabber is definetly also causing the issue. I posted many logs which are showing this. So of course it could be, that I sometimes have a lot of playback issues, because EPG grabber is working at the moment, and later there are no problems for a few hours, because EPG Grabber is nothing doing.[DOUBLEPOST=1381055690][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Come on Sascha.... are you really stating that you didn't get enough help from the team?? I completely have to disagree with that!

Just read through the first few pages of this thread and then read the policy again about the softcam stuff:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-policy-on-sattelite-cam-dvb-hacking.2438/

I told you to stop this useless discussion! It's offtopic!

1. MDAPI is not the cause! I will give 1.000.000 $ if you are able to show me that mdapi is causing the issue!
    2. I'm an expert and developer, too! I know what I do and I know how to configure my HTPC and of course I know HOW TO FIND BUGS! So I tested EVERYTHING (!!!) since months(!). I uploaded a lot of logs without using mdapi. The issue is still the same!
    3. So it is useless to say, that you won't help me, if I'm using mdapi. I demonstrate that the issue is exactly the same if mdapi is running or not running. I posted logs without mdapi, so I'm still able to post new logs without mdapi if needed. I just uploaded a few hours ago new logs which are showing the issue. I don't uploaded the logs to show you that I'm using mdapi! I have to use mdapi, because I'm not able to watch TV without it. Today the issues occured directly after a fresh installation. So I thought it would be usefull if I upload the logs. As you, I have a real life, so I not always have the time to uninstall mdapi, to watch a Free TV channel and wait until this issue occur again. Also I want to watch TV (like tomorrow, where I watched Formula 1 instead of testing with a free tv channel).

About 90% of the channels I'm watching are encrypted. There are only a few HD channels which are Free TV. Das Erste HD and ZDF HD are only in 720p.

4. Mdapi is not illegal! I have a legal Sky Germany (all channels!) and Astra HD+ subscription. My card is used by a Smargo Reader at home! So I'm not watching Pay TV illegal!!!

5. I understand, that discussions ABOUT mdapi are not ok, because it could be not legal in some countries, BUT again: Stop stupid discussions about mdapi! It's not causing the issue and I will upload logs as many as you want without using mdapi and you know that and you can verify that in the previous posts!

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wow....

All i'm trying to say is that, if you read through the first say 10 pages of this thread... you would see that you've gotten PLENTY of support from the team, especially from mm1352000 and Owlsroost, even AFTER we mentioned and pointed you out to our team's policy about MDAPI.
    But i'm stopping this (endless) discussion, i hope you get your issue fixed.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey,

I'm not sure to follow, you said that AMD Video decoder is OK right ? but not with other filter right ?
    So it can be a playback issue from performance POV related to directshow ?
    XBMC didn't use directshow that it can be a lead :)

Also to fix the issue, we need to reproduce it first, so that why not many DEV can try to nail it first :) and also we lack of DEV :(
    I can just talk about why i have see on my own, extensive logging can trigger stutter and i have see it for example on MP running on I7 + SSD while TVSeries running a full scan of my library (it can be a network issue too but all is in Giga).

It could be nice to to test a recording of this channel (or set to keep timishift files) so :
    Try to tune the channel with setuptv and keep timishift files and play this one from MP / VLC / XBMC or what ever.

Even if a GPU can handle 1080P/I (hardware mode) it's possible that Skin Engine eat quite all memory :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah, more confused now after reading this latest comment...:LOL:

I have the same playback issues...
    What are these "playback issues"?
    We've already proved that you have at least two problems: one with the EPG grabber and another which we've yet to isolate. Which problem are you talking about here?

So the playback issue can't be related to a decoder issue.
    If you're telling us that sometimes ZDF HD playback is fine but only with MS DTV/DVD decoder then... well, I'm sorry but this makes zero sense to me. If you're telling me that when you tested ZDF HD with MS DTV that it was okay... but that it was also working with LAV etc. at that time then that is something totally different. My point is that you didn't clearly tell us what you meant, and that is confusing at least for me.

THEN I said, that I'm currently (!) unable to use AMD Video Decoder. In the past I was able to use the AMD Video Decoder. I can't use it since MP 1.5 OR (!) since the latest Catalyst version. So something changed. But this is a completly different issue and has nothing to do with the playback issue.
    If this is a completely different issue then please put it aside for the moment. It is confusing to talk about three different things which may or may not be related.

And regarding the ZDF HD improvements: This was just temporary.
    ...so why didn't you say that it was just temporary? I can't guess these things. ;)

I also told so many times, that the EPG grabber is causing the issue. Maybe there is something which will also causing the issue, but EPG grabber is definetly also causing the issue. I posted many logs which are showing this. So of course it could be, that I sometimes have a lot of playback issues, because EPG grabber is working at the moment, and later there are no problems for a few hours, because EPG Grabber is nothing doing.
    I accept that the EPG grabber is part of the problem... so why don't you disable it and use some other EPG source?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Another question in mind, it EPG grabber trigger something, XBMC should stutter too ?
    Yes, I would have thought so. Another reason why these comments are more and more confusing for me.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Or it can be XBMC handle like a big buffer on client side and MP is more sensitive to 'micro stop stream' but i'm not really good to explain it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom