Localization of the MediaPortal installer and user interface (2 Viewers)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    MovPic Dev Team agreed on moving to UTF-8.
    If TV-Series Dev Team does the same, I will update MPLanguageTool: remove MovPic/TvSeries menu entries and add a more generic one "MediaPortal 1 plugins".

Simone

Anuradha

December 2, 2010
    Home Country
    I am from Sri lanka and i would like to localize this software to sinhala(my native language) I downloaded the English xml. But i am stuck about how to continue from here on wards.
    Your post was reaaly helpfull and followed up to downloading the source xml(english). But now i'm stuck. Can u help?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Anuradha - you can start with our Wiki section on Localization - the Tranlsation Guide and Language Tool are there, as well as much more info on local content. We are still working on improving the new wiki, so let us know what you find is missiing, so we can improve it some more.

Thanks for your efforts to introduce MediaPortal to a whole new region!

LordMerlin

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    Rostov-na-Donu
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Discovered another problem while preserving translation software Russian letters in the file replaces the question mark (????).
    When mptagtool saves the file transfer is in the title puts the wrong encoding. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    And therefore are not stored properly in the Russian character layout. Must keep the following <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

apuokas

Portal Member
    February 1, 2011
    Home Country
    AW: Localization of the MediaPortal installer and user interface

And where i can get language files for "moving pictures", "tv-series", "MediaPortal II" and for another plugins such as "online-tv" etc.

There are my lithuanian files- look atachment.
    Alternatively you can find it there: http://luinys.org/downloads/pc/multimedia/epg/strings_lt.rar
    and there: http://luinys.org/downloads/pc/multimedia/epg/MediaPortal.DeployTool.lt-LT.rar
    Possible that files in luinys.org are edited at last.

Files are not properly tested, so please report bugs etc.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.DeployTool.lt-LT.rar
      4.7 KB
    • strings_lt.rar
      19.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom