Localization of the MediaPortal installer and user interface (1 Viewer)

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Usage of the LanguageTool
  1. Download the translation tool (View attachment 29965) and unzip it to your hard drive
  2. If you want to make an addition to the MediaPortal installer,
    you can download the latest resource file from here.
    (right click on the link and select save)

I think this list needs to be updated with the following information (or something similar) under the list item for MediaPortal installer:

To update your local language you need to download the corresponding language file from: here.

Download e.g. the file "MediaPortal.DeployTool.sv-SE.resx" to update the swedish translation for DeployTool. Place the file in the same directory as the file MediaPortal.DeployTool.resx

---------

The description was not very clear on this point (at least not clear enough for me :) )

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    What is the correct way to localize/translate Plugin Names? Our string files seem to change version to version, sometimes they include Plugin names, sometimes they don't! Obviously we cannot include every Plugin name in string files, so how do we localize these?

Is there somewhere I can find all changes made to the English String files for each version of MP or even just the latest version?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    The correct way is to provide a strings_xx.xml specific to the plugin ( like language\movingpictures\strings_it.xml ) and put all the translations there, plugin name as well.
    Or provide a field in the configuration pane of the plugin itself to "rename" it.

Our official language files will _not_ incorporate those.

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom