low-profile tv-card (1 Viewer)

rien-ne-va-plus

Portal Member
October 21, 2004
Berlin/Germany
hi,

as i don't have space to use riser cards in my HTPC i need a low-profile TV-card...

do there exist any HW-encoder tv-cards? if yes, are there any tests? can anyone recommend a low-profile tv-card to me?

thx

rien

A

Anonymous

Point of view NVTV

NVTV is a low-profile card. The TV image is good, the IR remote is great, compliment software is terrible, and I believe the board is somewhat locked: I never could get the image from an external DVD source (through s-video).

When MP supports the NVTV board, it may be a good option. Else, you could go for a full-height htpc case. That's what I did (and got a middle-of-road hauppauge board).

A

Anonymous

Hi, you can also have a look at the new aopen va2000N or try to get a ati e-home wonder, both have mpeg2 encoder.
Both are low profile and cheaper than the nvtv

rien-ne-va-plus

Portal Member
October 21, 2004
Berlin/Germany
yeah, just googled, the 150MCE also exists as low-profile.. that's nice, because that would be my favourite anyway, but i couldn't find any pictures.... and nowhere to buy in germany again....

but sounds like an option...

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Bitstreaming E-AC3 DE
I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs with MP 1.30. Everything connected with HDMI. I have lav-filters setup to bitstream EVERY format. If I don't do this, I get a very unimpressive result from all my sources: very low volume, use of only a...
I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs...
I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs...
Replies
Views
Database Scrapers don't index my TV Series single files in the following containers MP4, MOV, AVI, ASF, WMV, MKV, FLV, TS, MTS, M2TS, DAT, MPG, MPEG, DIV, DIVX, VOB, ISO, TRP I use the following simple format for container ISO (ISO's are full copies of DVD with all warnings, info, even encription intact) TV Series Name 00x00-00...
Database Scrapers don't index my TV Series single files in the following containers MP4, MOV, AVI, ASF, WMV, MKV, FLV, TS, MTS...
My Tv Series are in the Format. TV Series Name 00x00 Episode Name The First 00 is the Series Number The Second 00 is the Episode...
Replies
Views
Copy or move the TV recordings that are older to another hard disk. Then specify this path under Videos (not TV). Then you can watch these recordings normally again. Since I record myself on an SSD, a larger (currently 2TB) would not be an option for me personally. ---------------------------- Die TV Aufnahmen welche älter sind auf...
Copy or move the TV recordings that are older to another hard disk. Then specify this path under Videos (not TV). Then you can...
So my wife likes to record free to air TV shows. Lots of them. The first hard disk is almost out of capacity and I've just put a...
Replies
Views
I'm now using the Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A. I had 2 blue screens when recording + network load (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with NSIS und tcpip.sys in stacktrace) but that seamed related to my network card: after installing the driver from the mainboard website, it runs stable. I'm still surprised that the power delivered by the PCIe...
I'm now using the Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A. I had 2 blue screens when recording + network load (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with NSIS...
Hello I'm searching a PCIe DVB-S2 tv card. In 2018/2019, I already tried three cards: TerraTec Cinergy S2 PCIe Dual 2x interne...
Replies
Views
You could try using the UNC paths for the timeshift and record folders. On the client machine go to MediaPortal configuration - TV/Radio - Advanced Options tick the UNC paths tick box and put the network paths for timeshift and record folders in the appropriate lines and click OK.
You could try using the UNC paths for the timeshift and record folders. On the client machine go to MediaPortal configuration -...
I am not new to MediaPortal, but this is the first time I have set up a client on a PC other than the PC with the TV Server. I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom