Macromedia Flash (.SWF) Support (1 Viewer)

drcreek

Portal Member
June 15, 2005
Would be jolly nice if MP could play flash file and videos as i have a collection of weebl and bob & other flash videos that would be most awesome to watch on TV thru Media Portal

jondmac

Portal Member
April 21, 2005
yes, that would be cool. But it should be posible to use regular flash made exe files (flash projectors), as plugins. Many cool things can be made in flash.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think you will see after further enhnacements that are planned are implimented that XAML works almost like Flash. I am a big Flash fan but XAML tools will really meet or beat Flash in many areas. Flash development is very expensive and has a very steep learning curve. Just watch MP in upcoming releases (yes you will have to wait) but you should be pleased.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be displayed in that application. This does not happen with MP2. If I try to open a .ts file (or any other video file type associated with Media Portal) rather than displaying the recording it merely opens...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Replies
    Views
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
    Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
    Replies
    Views
    That is not supported. In folder view you can just navigate through the pre-defined folder structure, you loose also the filter options, thouse are only existing in library view. In MP2 I watched SBS 3D movies. Important ist just the TV supports it, because MP2 send them of course in splitted screen and the TV needs to merge them. I...
    That is not supported. In folder view you can just navigate through the pre-defined folder structure, you loose also the filter...
    Hi there - just registered and I have some basic questions on how to MediaPortal provides similar experience for Movies, Music and...
    Replies
    Views
    I found the answer. The files were downloaded, and must have had some sort of corruption in them that passed the other players I tried them in, but produced the green bar in the TVSeries plugin. After downloading the files again, the problem went away. Thanks for your help.
    I found the answer. The files were downloaded, and must have had some sort of corruption in them that passed the other players I...
    Hi, A problem has just started when I use the TV Series plugin in MP1. The videos play, but with a broad green band at the very...
    Replies
    Views
    It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application for e.g. the .ts (or any other image, video or audio) file to MediaPortal, or via the File Explorer context menu 'Open with' as other media players can (e.g. JRiver). Currently all that happens when using...
    It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application...
    It would be a great feature if we could select a file to play from Windows File Explorer, either by setting the default application...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom