madVR Settings thread (4 Viewers)

bruceas

Portal Member
December 10, 2010
Hi, I have an AMD a6-3500 with integrated 6530D, Windows 7 and a 1360x768 TV (no 3D). Can i use MadVR or i need more power?
Thanks, bye.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    have start first tests with MadVR and there are some questions. Maybe somebody can help please :):whistle:
    Playback of 1080p content is working fine. Unfortunately with 4k movies i get heavy stuttering.
    14-17-58.jpg

Next point is not working 3D MVC playback. I've installed and enabled the LAV Plugin in LAV Video and have enabled 3D in MAdVR. I get playback with heavy stuttering, high cpu load and without audio in MP :confused:.

Are there any settings i've missed to configure? Playback with EVR is working fine.

Best regards
    Helios

Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I think you need to lower the HDR settings, I get similar if I use the defaults there, Try changing 'preserve hue' to 'low quality' and uncheck the box for 'measure each frames peak luminance'.

Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree :)

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here my settings on a AMD RX 460 @ 4k display. No problem on TV and Videos / Series so far.

The most settings not showing on screenshots are standard settings. So i used a time NGU low on SD material, but at the moment i'm at DXVA scaling. The problem with NGU is, that you need enough power. in most cases the rx460 had enough power to handle that on SD, but there are tv channels like Das Erste HD with 50Hz or some test samples that may produce stuttering. You can solve such problems with profiles, i tried this but didn't complete a full working profile.

Attachments

• settings1.PNG
      settings1.PNG
      23.3 KB
    • settings2.PNG
      settings2.PNG
      117.6 KB
    • settings3.PNG
      settings3.PNG
      104.6 KB
    • settings4.PNG
      settings4.PNG
      61.8 KB
    • settings6.PNG
      settings6.PNG
      114.1 KB
    • settings5.PNG
      settings5.PNG
      93.5 KB
    • settings7.PNG
      settings7.PNG
      89.3 KB
    • settings8.PNG
      settings8.PNG
      138.8 KB

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think you need to lower the HDR settings, I get similar if I use the defaults there, Try changing 'preserve hue' to 'low quality' and uncheck the box for 'measure each frames peak luminance'.

Hi @kenwonders
    With these settings playback of 4k/HDR/24 is working fine. Unfortunately with HDR/50Hz there are a lot of dropped frames. CPU and RAM usage are normal. I've added some screenshots. Maybe @Sebastiii :):whistle:can please take a look at this too?

14-08-51.jpg

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After enabling the MadVR refreshratechanger, issue seems to be solved. Thanks.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    unfortuantely 3d mvc playback doesn't work for me. In MadVR / LAV Video 3d is enabled. If i start playback a 3D mkv, i get heavy flickering and stuttering. I assume, that this is related to configuration of MadVR, but i have no clue, what i should do. Logs are attached. I also made a screenshot of renderer stats, but this only a black pic :confused:.
    Maybe somebody can help.
    Best regards
    Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom