[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (6 Viewers)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok, seb the re setup MP installer, the tsreader copied sucesfully, all working fine, ( not tested the EVR mdoe yet )
    But information, using MadVR on old GPU card, can have lot of stutter during GUI using.
    i have an HD4670 AMD, Win10 and no more updatable driver.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Well I simply hit tv guide button on remote, and videos button, on music happens same.
    Mp starts directly on full screen. I was playin a video, not a tv channel.
    I had black bar scanner active in MadVr to remove black bar and place image at the bottom of screen.
    Maybe that's reason....

EDIT: @Sebastiii i
    Yes confirmed . the madVr zooming option "Automatically detect hard coded black bars" "always shift the image" "...to the bottom of the image" has a faulty behaviour. In fact, in this MP version, for some reason, this option is not working with BD remux or videos. only mkw not BD remux made.

I use this option because of my 2:35 projection screen. MP is 16:9 and MP OSD goes out of screen.
    May be one day MP OSD will have the option "to move OSD inside active Video area".:rolleyes::rolleyes:

On previous versions, all videos with black bars where working properly.

I didn't fully understand you :(

This sentence :
    "In fact, in this MP version, for some reason, this option is not working with BD remux or videos. only mkw not BD remux made."

BD Remux and/or MKV trigger the issue ?

We are talking about the misplacement or it's another issue ?

Sorry.
    I mean... I set those settings in zoom and not all videos react to it. Previously all videos where moved (to the botom in my setup) and now only some of them.

You now how to cut a video to send a sample?:oops: (im Windows 10 pro 64)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Well I simply hit tv guide button on remote, and videos button, on music happens same.
    Mp starts directly on full screen. I was playin a video, not a tv channel.
    I had black bar scanner active in MadVr to remove black bar and place image at the bottom of screen.
    Maybe that's reason....

EDIT: @Sebastiii i
    Yes confirmed . the madVr zooming option "Automatically detect hard coded black bars" "always shift the image" "...to the bottom of the image" has a faulty behaviour. In fact, in this MP version, for some reason, this option is not working with BD remux or videos. only mkw not BD remux made.

I use this option because of my 2:35 projection screen. MP is 16:9 and MP OSD goes out of screen.
    May be one day MP OSD will have the option "to move OSD inside active Video area".:rolleyes::rolleyes:

On previous versions, all videos with black bars where working properly.

I didn't fully understand you :(

This sentence :
    "In fact, in this MP version, for some reason, this option is not working with BD remux or videos. only mkw not BD remux made."

BD Remux and/or MKV trigger the issue ?

We are talking about the misplacement or it's another issue ?

MKV videos created from BD discs containing original video and audio files untouched but packet in MKV container. Video in MT2s format (I suppose) those videos, do NOT react to the setting. They play with black bands top and bottom. If you convert the video to any other MKV format (most videos with reduced quality) then the black bar is removed (in my setup only the bottom one).

So BD remux videos, before this MP version, they where reacting properly to the setting and now, don't.

Sorry I've been trying to cut some of my videos but I don't know how.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok, seb the re setup MP installer, the tsreader copied sucesfully, all working fine, ( not tested the EVR mdoe yet )
    But information, using MadVR on old GPU card, can have lot of stutter during GUI using.
    i have an HD4670 AMD, Win10 and no more updatable driver.

It's normal, when using GUI (to have it smooth), the rendering on madVR video is reduced lol. The impact happen less on big GPU card :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    MKV videos created from BD discs containing original video and audio files untouched but packet in MKV container. Video in MT2s format (I suppose) those videos, do NOT react to the setting. They play with black bands top and bottom. If you convert the video to any other MKV format (most videos with reduced quality) then the black bar is removed (in my setup only the bottom one).

So BD remux videos, before this MP version, they where reacting properly to the setting and now, don't.

Sorry I've been trying to cut some of my videos but I don't know how.

I know that when uploading to ftp and kill the connection we can have a files cut lol but not a good thing.
    Maybe use hjsplit and you can cut file when defined size and then the first part should work (better to try to reproduce it with the cut file) :p

Right now i can't reproduce it

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Here I come with Pre 1.15

After several hours of use. I foun several MadVr processing Failed and very exceptionally DXVA processing surface failed . Last error also on Video play starting.

The problem of misplacement on Blueray disc packet on MKV. I had to disable that function.

Zap on tuner change shows OSD of new channel and last frame of previous channel. then briefly blank video (with zap OSD) then previous channel last frame back with new channel audio and finally New channel video wile ZAP OSD is removed from image. Never freezed and never crashed.

I had some Scrambled channel freeze but still im not sure if something in my computer changed and is affecting this aspect. just take it with caution.

Here logs with MadVr processiong failed at 20:17. Always accompanied by deinterlace deactivation. Situation can be recovered by stop timechift and re tune.

H244 and HEVC fine.
    Exceptional 3D MVC MKV problem (i couldn't reproduce, it happened after madvr processing surface failed and need to restart (sorry no logs)

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report (1).txt
      54.5 KB

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Here the new Surface error log
    Happend on returning to Tv guide with 720p eins plus hd SAT channel.

MadVr info (Ctrl J) returned to screen after few seconds.

After any of the errors I cant apply the level of procession in Madvr that I used to.
    Some kind of corruption hapens
    And here the last Creating DXVA processing surface failed (may be dind't catch the name properly)

Attachments

• process surface failed.txt
      55.8 KB
    • madVR -GPU procesing failed.txt
      56 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think it's happening when i have the window and it happen when going to non fullscreen GUI (TVGuide etc.).
    But the issue is that it didn't recover :(

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Did you see multiple madiaportal in systray for madvr icon ?
    Nope. I try to do most of testing with computer restarted first. Im on Lav DXVA2 native[DOUBLEPOST=1466450189][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I think it's happening when i have the window and it happen when going to non fullscreen GUI (TVGuide etc.).
    But the issue is that it didn't recover :(
    I use full screen and always image recovers but with deinterlace off and loss of frames

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom