Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok so it's quite good :)
    Because we didn't run into the biggest error but still could be nice to fix it.
    I have try without luck right now :p

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK I gave V7 in staller with V9 core a try:- 3D videos play in 3D and no crash on stop. Still problems with TV channerl changing but really weird, I can change from any channel to any other channel, up down by number etc (not all combinations tried) without problem with the exception for channel 1 (ARD). I can select that channel from the epg and it plays OK but if I then attempt to change to another channel or select channel 1 from any other channel it goes black screen with no audio and hangs (fullscreen mode) completely i.e. can't exit or get to Task Manager, had to powert down to clear, hence no log!:mad:. In widow mode it displays the epg but there is no further response.
    Attached log includes a succesfull playback and stop of a 3D video plus a couple instances of the channel changing problem in widowed mode.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Has anybody checked the video quality of madVR in MePo?
    I guess this is all down to the power of your GFX-card. As far as I know madVR is supposed to be one of the best image enhancers. But it is quite resource-hungry. So if you have a high-end graphics card I would bet you get a significant better picture.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @joecrow try win + l to log off ^^

@Sebastiii
    v7+core9 STOP seems to work again (y)
    tv guide blinkiblink:
    client 1- variante 1, client 2(htpc) variant 1 and 2 on channel zapping with no move possible in TVGuide

Yep i can reproduce the flickering too for TVGuide and surely some deadlock happen when doing a zap lol

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm a bit sad I'm missing out, I don't get the flicker, but it does crash (unresponsive) during zaps quite a lot.

I also spent some time with madVR settings to see if they affected MP, but to be honest while I could make it perform much worse, I could not get over the issues being reported here.

Keep it up Sebastii, great stuff, it might be there soon :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Has anybody checked the video quality of madVR in MePo?
    Is it significant better than EVR? (SD, HD720p, HD1080p,i)

Using some recommended settings online I found that the image quality of SD broadcasts looked nicer than my previous LAV software mode + ffdshow upscale. I watched a lot of the BTCC racing on ITV4 on Sunday and thought it was clearer and crisper. I am fairly sure that there was less banding visible. Channel 4HD (Formula 1 later on :) )looked about the same as before, but it is 1080i so less work to do.

It is also possible to make it look awful or overload the settings turning it into a slide show. Remember when upscaling in madVR the smaller res videos can use more CPU than larger files, easy to get caught out.

I suggest that if this ever makes it into master, that it not be the default. EVR does look ok for +50% users I would bet. Especially if you consider the extra download and custom config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom