Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    V14 in first post :)
    Need feedback of course because the code was reworked and also needed to test regression against EVR :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have tried V14 and observed the following:-

When playing a .mkv video (both 2D and 3D) in Videos if I select subtittles the audio looses sync (delayed) with the video, quite severe. This happens with both madvr and EVR but seems less severe when played via Moving Pictures.
    With madvr selected:- changing TV channels now works OK but I did note that when changing to or from channel 1, which previously was a problem, the skin background is now briefly displayed.
    In Online Videos the flashing menu as reported previously is still a problem.
    With EVR selected:- With the exception of the subtittle issue above all looks good, TV channel changing is good without the skin background display. With Online Videos I did get a couple of MP crashes on starting a catchup video but I could not subseqently reproduce this and the flashing menu does not occurr.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The background video is happening here because it was last D3D frame before madVR renderer, so hard to fix it.
    OV it's normal, it check against EVR and i think the way i have add retro compatibility is not correct :( so in final, if madVR goes to MP, we need to break compatibility plugin to be able to handle madVR. I will try to compil a version againt madVR to see if it's ok on your side :)

About subtitle, that not cool lol, does it happen with EVR on official MP version too ?
    Thanks for the feedback :p

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The background video is happening here because it was last D3D frame before madVR renderer, so hard to fix it.
    OV it's normal, it check against EVR and i think the way i have add retro compatibility is not correct :( so in final, if madVR goes to MP, we need to break compatibility plugin to be able to handle madVR. I will try to compil a version againt madVR to see if it's ok on your side :)
    Sounds good:) and no problem with the background.

About subtitle, that not cool lol, does it happen with EVR on official MP version too ?
    Thanks for the feedback :p
    It does not happen with EVR on the version of 1.14 I'm using but not sure how "official" ;)it is, reference your post here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp-hangs-when-scheduled-recording-starts.133918/page-3

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Could you reproduce the delayed sync ? with fresh log (watchdog option 1)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you reproduce the delayed sync ? with fresh log (watchdog option 1)
    Not easily:cautious:. My ininial attempts using option 1 with the Watchdog were not successfull, i.e the video played without loss of sync after selecting subtittles with both EVR and madvr. I then tried in normal mode but again no problem until I selected resume playback from last position which it did but without the subs. when I reselected subs. it went right out of sync. I tried restarting MP and playing the video from start and the sync was almost OK just , very slightlly off but still not as good as it was at the start of testing. I then went back to option 1 with Watchdog, no problem with EVR, perfect sync 1st log) but with madvr (2nd log) it went out of sync after selecting English audio then German subs even with the video playback from starto_O! It seems like once the problem has been induced (i.e. via the resume from last position) it can be reproduced more easily even with scenarios that previosly worked:eek:.
    I'm sorry it is not so straightforward. Peak viewing time is fast approaching so won't be able to do more testing till Monday.;)
    Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom