[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (9 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just wanted to add that further to my test yesterday, details in previous post, I did see the flashing epg but only on one occaision, however in OV I could reproduce a flashing menu 100% by selecting a BBC live channel which then gives the data rate menu and after selecting a valid rate that menu starts blinking and there is a small window in the upper left side of the screen playing the video. o_O Pressing back on the remote removed the blinking menu and bought the video to fullscreen. In case that helps at all!

Using some recommended settings online I found that the image quality of SD broadcasts looked nicer than my previous LAV software mode + ffdshow upscale.
    I suggest that if this ever makes it into master, that it not be the default. EVR does look ok for +50% users I would bet. Especially if you consider the extra download and custom config.

With the default settings in madvr, my first impressions are also that there is some general improvement in quality. In 3D I can not detect any difference to PowerDVD15 (Cinema mode) with I think (need more comparison testing) somewhat less CPU usage(y), although neither over tax my setup.
    @kenwonders for the sake of comparing, what video card are you using?
    Joe

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Has anybody checked the video quality of madVR in MePo?
    Is it significant better than EVR? (SD, HD720p, HD1080p,i)
    It's significant better than EVR for SD, for HD there isn't that much difference, but when it's running smooth, i'll have to compare again.
    All my series are 1080p rips and all movies are blu-rays, so probably hard to see a difference. Might be smoother in playback though.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Would it be possible to set MePo to only use madVR for SD material and EVR for HD? Or is SD as resource hungry with it as with HD?

Emph

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    V11 working flawlessly here with basic MP-TVseries / Moving pictures setup :D
    Just missing the Ambilight part a bit, any way of getting a bitmap out of the madVR renderer like we did before?

Last edited:

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Currently testing V11 too. It's working very nicely with movies, tv-series. No more Black screen when skipping to another clips when using "play all video in selected folder".

I have complete blackscreen when watching TV using MS DTV-DVD DECODER for OTA 1080i (mpeg2). Using LAVfilter instead resolve this issue. It's working great with Hauppauge Colossus h264 live TV too.
    I think you nailed the big bugz.

Great work Sebastiii, I want to thank you, tourettes and Madshi of course ! You add another reason over the ton to choose MP instead of others.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    V11 working flawlessly here with basic MP-TVseries / Moving pictures setup :D
    Just missing the Ambilight part a bit, any way of getting a bitmap out of the madVR renderer like we did before?

Yep need to ask Tourettes about the Ambilight too but it's surely possible or maybe need a new way to communicate with madVR from MP :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Currently testing V11 too. It's working very nicely with movies, tv-series. No more Black screen when skipping to another clips when using "play all video in selected folder".

I have complete blackscreen when watching TV using MS DTV-DVD DECODER for OTA 1080i (mpeg2). Using LAVfilter instead resolve this issue. It's working great with Hauppauge Colossus h264 live TV too.
    I think you nailed the big bugz.

Great work Sebastiii, I want to thank you, tourettes and Madshi of course ! You add another reason over the ton to choose MP instead of others.

Thank you too :) need more test of course but it start to be better about the biggest issue :)

Yesterday, i didn't notice issue (except one when playing with the X key where when i have started a serie, it was in litle window but another X key and all was good)
    TV has worked correctly too :)
    The 3D part works but not always but it seems to be an Nvidia issue maybe related to my GT4XX card.

So left the flickering issue on TVGuide when EPG are full filled.
    We can see also some loadskin error but i fear that it will be hard to fix and/or maybe not possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom