[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (10 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Do i need to change language ? (i can't for now)
    Right now it didn't flickering.

V114 full installer to first post :)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    No need to change language, i think language is loading more fonts into the OSD layer and so it flashes easier.

So for now i cannot reproduce the "DXVA process failed" error, i did try switching channels from SD > HD and from HD >SD, did it a couple of times, no errors.

Use "EVR for TV" also works.

Seb u are using the intel GPU when u are testing? I mean are u sure Intel GPU is used for decoding and rendering?
    --- Post updated ---
    Untitled.jpg

How much Dedicated Video Memory it says that u have?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep AMD crash (ATI 5770) when using madVR (it crash my PC) so yes i'm on Intel GPU.
    TV running :)

upload_2016-6-29_20-48-22.png

upload_2016-6-29_20-48-32.png

So for now i cannot reproduce the "DXVA process failed" error, i did try switching channels from SD > HD and from HD >SD, did it a couple of times, no errors.

Nice :) so @alexdepalma to test because i remember that you run also into the issue and that break deinterlace.

Last edited:

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I see one big difference here!!!!

GPU Clock on ur GPU is 1250MHz, on mine it is 950MHZ so maybe it comes down to GPU power.

Just to test it out, use Jinc + AR for both Luma and Chroma and make sure u are watching an interlaced channel, lets see if that will flash!!!! HAHA

Ofc this doesnt make sense BUT it is the only difference that i can think of right now.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yep AMD crash (ATI 5770) when using madVR (it crash my PC) so yes i'm on Intel GPU.
    TV running :)

View attachment 180244

View attachment 180245

Nice :) so @alexdepalma to test becaus i remember that you run also into the issue and that break deinterlace.
    Hello!

Well, in fact, I'm moving to a NVIDIA GT 730 card. Ive been testing intensively on last 2 days. I'm not very familiar with it but CUDA enable I can apply a lot of postprocesing with good processing times.

My findings:

Regarding the Black bar crop and 3D video unstability on first payback, It happens the same on Copy-back and Native as with Intel HD4000 before. Cuda no problem at the moment. (may be problem is with LAV and MadVr it self.

Ive found strange MP shell disappear (goes blank) if dithering mod: Error diffusion - Option 1 is selected. To reproduce, simply on full screen TV, hit TV guide on remote and screen goes blank (no MP GUI) but mini TV image in view.
    With the new graphics I've enabled 4K on my projector but ALWAYS the video (H265 or H264) is downscale to 1080p. So even if Windows is in 4k and MP also, 4k playback is downscaled.

TV channel change including scrambled channels on CUDA, no problems ATM.

Second 3D video play use to fail 3D mode even if I wait for 3D mode release. Some blank screen with audio ok. From time to time on 3D. Sometimes, TV in 3D mode but video on 2D. So in this 114 version 3D is affected. 3D TV mode is always activated (Confirm by MadVr status) and TV 3D mode, but actual image 2D.

Regards
    A

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I get one

Zap Mad Vr processing failed at 21:39

had to set LAV to Native

This time with Nvidia and not with Intel HD.

3D doesn't work on 90% of the times.

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report (1).txt
      77.1 KB

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    No need to change language, i think language is loading more fonts into the OSD layer and so it flashes easier.

Seb u are using the intel GPU when u are testing? I mean are u sure Intel GPU is used for decoding and rendering?
    --- Post updated ---
    View attachment 180243

How much Dedicated Video Memory it says that u have?

That was happening to me on DXVA2 native. May be you can try like that. On copy back was very stable
    3D playback on copy back was unstable and many times didn't start in 3D.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    That was happening to me on DXVA2 native. May be you can try like that. On copy back was very stable
    3D playback on copy back was unstable and many times didn't start in 3D.

Alex DXVA cannot be used during 3D playback (framepacked 3D), the reason is cause DXVA decoding of MVC is not implemented yet in LAV filter, so it doesnt matter what u select there for decoding,
    the "intel H264mvc decoder" will be used and this one is a software decoder running on ur CPU.

So in other words, LAV will always switch to Intel MVC software decoding when u are playing true 3D material. SBS mkvs are not true 3D material, these will use DXVA.

U can confirm this by checking ur CPU usage while running a 3D movie.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom