[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (6 Viewers)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    V30 didn't resolve the channel change issue for me, do you want fresh logs from v30?
    Yes please :)
    Can you test regression against DXVA ? (crash on stop)
    Sorry forgot to test stop, but tbh it has only affected me when there has been a channel change error. Here is a log from the channel change issue with v30. The strange static low res image showed during a channel change, pressing stop showed the guide but unresponsive with a flickering 'swirl' in the middle of the screen. I had to log off to get control as MP was responsive enough to fight its z order!

cheers
    Ken

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    V33 Full installer in first post :)
    I hope it will solve the crash on stop/zap channel from different TVCard.

Sorry not for me :(

I started MP, changed between BBC1HD and Quest repeatedly. After about 7-8 changes, the screen stayed in top corner and MP reported a message 'unable to play ts9.0' (can't remember number). After confirming the message it returned to MP guide, I started BBC1HD which worked, but on flicking to Quest MP returned to guide with the revolving whatsit and needed killing with task manager. Logs attached.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    With V33 at the moment i haven't got any crash at stop or channel change.

But i saw that gpu memory keep increasing from zap to zap from 800 MB to almost 2 GB same for GPu utilization, at the start it was around 80-100% with HD and 40/50% with sd afte 3 zaps it went to 100% and remains 100% until display driver crashed and i had to kill MP .

Thank You

Attachments

• memory high.gif
      memory high.gif
      15.2 KB

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    uhmmm.... seems pretty much the same as v33

zap by zap gpu memory still growing

what looks odd is the 100% gpu utlization with sd or hd, because mp tv recordings plays at alfh gpu utilization in mpc-hc using EVR is almost the same.

after some zaps i got the same error of kenwonder, impossible to play etc etc

Attachments

• memoryv34.gif
      memoryv34.gif
      15.4 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Does the GPU memory goes down after a stop ? (maybe try few zap and stop).
    In fact from what i have understand, MP init madVR and when we zap or stop, madVR is not release directly (it's a .NET <> com object C++ etc.) but it will be release in few second after that.
    So if we zap too fast, the memory is not released directly and can lead to a crash or something.

I will try to reproduce because right now i can't lol.

I have something else to try for you too, it's the setting in TVServer, stop/pause graph. Maybe if we set it to stop, it will be better for madVR but surely introduce slow zapping.

That setting : Pause/Stop card

upload_2016-4-16_12-33-49.png

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    at the moment i can't change anything on tvserver, but i will do soon , even i know my pvr card become instable if i use stop instead of pause...so i'm not sure if i could test well this case.

Another odd thing is related to deinterlacing that is not working (i mean lav dxva it is ignored when i use madvr in MP) ...and gpu load that is really too high.

I'll post alter if i can do something

thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom