Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Good luck :)

Will try v190 later today. For me currently there are only 2 issues remaining on Intel iGPU, OSD for audio and subtitles is not showing up or if it does it will appear for 0.5 sec and vanish and the 2nd one is of course OSD flashing in TV.

On AMD everything and i mean really everything is working perfectly.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Ah good to know, i was thinking that OSD was not working too on AMD lol and was trying to find why too.
    I didn't retry to find what happen on iGPU but i will try again as soon as we have something working for Nvidia and ATI
    It sound better but still on my HTPC GPU memory grow up when using TV side surely stop to stop but no crash etc. so maybe it's ok but i don't like it.

For Example when watching TVS / MovPic / myvideo GPU memory goes up to 900mb but when using TV i can go (after stop) to a memory around 1.5Gb)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you able to try this :) ?

@Sebastiii Tried the new core with v 189:- TVS still the same but a new problem with TV, MP is hanging on zapping a (still from the old channel is displayed, had to use TM to close MP).
    I was not able in a short test to reproduce the stuck screen in TV.Erors ocurred in 1st log attached at 09:52, 09:56 and 10:04 (1st freeze report also for this one)

I then tried v190:- TVS now OK (y). Problem with zapping, see second log and freeze reports, at 10:29 and 10:40 and also a stuck screen on stop at 10:33.
    I noticed that the zapping hang only happened when going from a full HD channel, zapping between regular channels is not a problem. Please bear in mind I still do not have GPU HEVC encoding so my CPU is quite busy with Full HD (20-40%).
    I then enabled the Lentoid encoder for HEVC (not included in the attached logs) and the zapping problem has gone away.:) Not sure if its the slightly lower CPU usage or the encoder itself. It did not make any difference to the TV stuck screen on stop problem though, that is still happening on both HD and non HD channels.

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report (1).txt
      60.3 KB
    • madVR - freeze report (2).txt
      59.3 KB
    • madVR - freeze report (3).txt
      57.8 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @joecrow Hard to tell what happen but can you try this version instead ?

It seems from your log (about zap TV) that it stop here :

[2016-09-09 10:40:46,973] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TSReaderPlayer: OnZapping :128

Can you try to disable PS plugin too ?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

[2016-09-09 10:40:46,973] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TSReaderPlayer: OnZapping :128

Will do asap , busy right now.;)

PS plugin??????????????o_O

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Tried the TSreader with the PS disabled both in MP and MPTV. and LAV selected for HEVC decoder but no change with zapping hang, not real sure if it actually hangs, it seemed to come back on one occaision while I was trying to close MP with TM, but on another attempt to just wait it out the HTPC went to sleep first (5mins) but MP was alivé again on resume, all this is in the attached log, plus a more typical (and I did not wait, just closed MP) one at arround 19:17.
    I have gone back to original TSreader, Lentoid HEVC decoder, re-enabled PS, and TV with EVR checked for the evening viewing.;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok :) I really need to reproduce it or reproduce it on your computer and test different try :)

Yesterday, i have found the leak on my HTPC :)
    It does happen like this for some reason when we disconnect the link between the video renderer to madVR, somehow when release madVR filter, it didn't fully release and didn't call the c++ destruction instance and then the memory is not freed even if the madVR icon is removed.
    So i added back on C# side the finalRelease comObject call instead of just release comObject and when doing that, the destructor is called on C++ and then GPU memory is freed.

It will surely not change anything about the hang/freeze, from log it doesn't seems to be a deadlock (hard freeze and MP must be killed) but some kind of no refresh.

It seems that i can reproduce something similar, while debugging on htpc, mp was running in fullscreen and on top i was having baretail + GPUz to follow live log and GPU memory, so focus MP but have those 2 tools with always on top settings, it was hard to trigger Fullscreen video to goes to little or going to home etc. but MP was reacting and the video was working and i was able to do pause etc.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Sebastiii
    Hi again
    Further to my last post, I ran into the zapping problem on that setup too (EVR for TV checked), it just got worse and worse till effectively I could no longer change a channel.:( Setting full EVR did not help either, so decided to go back to v189 but that also has not helped, so I guess there is something added in v190 that reinstalling v189 has not removed.:cautious:. I gave up at that point, it was very late and will try doing a fresh install of v189 sometime today and if that clears the zapping problem I will add your MPAR back for the OV problem.;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

Maybe some .ax was not replaced :)
    In overall, if you wan to try master build or fork or madVR etc. (without lost thing).
    I always use separate installer :

1- when you click on full installer, it will unpack separate installer along other files in %temp% folder, you just need to close full installer windows (don't click next etc.)
    2- then we just have to start from the deploy folder ex : %temp%\MediaPortal Installation\deploy
    3- and we start one by one the separate installer.

This permit to update current installation without error about version :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom