[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (22 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It could be nice to try the AREA51 build from Owlsroost (and even also with a log from madVR branch) :)
    Just to be sure that it is really something related to TsReader or not :)

Not nice for the RX 460 :(

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    v193 is looking good. :) Just the refresh rate is still not being reset for me after playing 3D. Everything else works well.(y)(y)

OV is working well also but I did notice a change, normally after selecting a video to play and then after selecting the resolution (if applicable) the menu is again displayed with the cache buffer showing the loading, but now the screen goes black after the res. selection untill the vid starts playing.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

I can confirm the same, it seems OV create something and like now, i have used the kodi way to create a instance of video handle on top of MP it seems to brake something but really not sure what and not sure if it can be fixed.

I have try some 3D and refresh rate goes back to 50Hz on my HTPC.

50hz -> 3D start (23hz) -> 50 hz (on stop) :p

I always has an issue about switching from fullscreen to windowed video (happen most on Bluray :p)
    After the whole day, it seems that i have something to workaround.

Need regression testing against EVR but seems OK.

So i will surely push the change and link to V194 installer :p

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Seb i'm in discrete testing.
    4h of madvr with the version of this morning. None issue at least during playing.
    Using the option on madvr "desktop disposition... Something " break the fact if you want acces to windows desktop for have acced to madvr setting. For information

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @joecrow attached is a V195 bin :)
    And the full installer

I have try something, i have moved the init of madVR window when the video rendering start (in fact when setdevice is started) it permit to let MP GUI displayed (useful for OV).
    Need to know if all continue to works as before, on a quick test, it's Ok on DEV PC but i need to try on HTPC lol.

:p

Last edited:

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    @Sebastiii, i did try v193 with the "dont flush gpu" options enabled and guess what. Video OSD is fixed, audio/subtitles selection OSD is showing up properly and i think with this settings it will work in older versions of ur builds too.

Now i wonder why this is happening only with Intel iGPU and MP combo. I never used Kodi and i wonder how ur 4600 behaves in Kodi OSD. Can we pinpoint the issue? Why iGPU needs the extra madVR setting? I did notice that when i also disable "present several frames in advance" it will force madVR to queue up maximum 3 frames in advance and madVR will report D3D9 (old path) which i read is a legacy path that madshi designed for XP.

This option is similar to ur 2nd option in MP codecs which prevets GUI flashing (ur option reduces present queue to 2).

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have tested kodi and if i move a window (explorer) for ex on top of kodi, it will blink.
    In V193, i have added also something on c++ side to reduce rendering and combined with 'don't flush' setting it seems ok on my laptop too :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow attached is a V195 bin :)
    And the full installer : http://tinyurl.com/jhduxsw

I have try something, i have moved the init of madVR window when the video rendering start (in fact when setdevice is started) it permit to let MP GUI displayed (useful for OV).
    Need to know if all continue to works as before, on a quick test, it's Ok on DEV PC but i need to try on HTPC lol.

:p
    @Sebastiii
    I tried v194 first then v195 which looks like it has returned OV to normal, I now see the cache buffer etc. Unfortunately something introduced with v194 causes OV video to stutter and/or freeze severely but audio is absolutely OK. I went back to a restore point with v190 and OV video is stutter free. I have als tried installing v195 on top of this working version, in case it was just something left over from v194 but the stuutering returned.:(
    After playing with it a little more I found if I left it playing for a couple of minutes the stuttering cleared and the video then played OK also using the remote e.g. up/down volume control would kick the video out of a freeze and speed up the time to clear the stuttering. Clearly though something is not right. I will go back, hopefully to v193.
    I still have the non return to 50hz after 3D, I will try some different settings in Madvr I normally do not use Fullscreen Exclusive mode but I do use Direct 3D 11 for presentation.;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    V196 :)

It will surely not change anything to OV but worth a try :p
    About the stuttering, i can't reproduce it (but that's normal with me lol) does a seek of 5 seconds back works ?

I enable the madVR window on Setdevice (so later and it seems that it wasn't working).
    Like i can't reproduce it, i need you to test different bin of live testing (on IRC for live chat for ex) :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom