Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey :)
    Was able to fix (it seems) the soft freeze when stopping (i call it like this because if i'm doing windows key or alt+tab etc. MP was back and running).

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since the fresh install of v189 I was still able to get a hang on zapping both with Madvr and EVR, I finally have isolated it down to a single HD channel and have had no further problems since deselecting it.:) (the channel played with good signal quality but clearly something odd with it, sometimes it is not available, still testing so probably to be expected). I have now installed v190 with the new core and all is running well, 3D HD, SD OV(with your MPAR) and TV with Madvr, early days but looks very promising.(y)(y)
    Just need a fix to return to the default refresh rate after 3D and it would be 100% for me.;)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Great ;)
    It can be related to livemedia555 or latest tsreader (maybe need log for @Owlsroost) about that HD channel :)

I have made an installer for V191 with also MPAR updated.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I will make a V192 version, because i have noticed that sometimes the 'X' key didn't always works :) and seems ok now.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Will test later today. @joecrow can u test without internal refresh rate changer of MP? I mean only if u got it ON now. See if it returns back to default. Cause i noticed that if i got it ON by accident it would fyck up my return to default. Another thing to consider is HDMI cable, dont laugh with me but for many years i was using a cheap one and i noticed sometimes my tv would blink twice or will start blankinh after a refresh switch or after 3D activation, i thought it is due to my AVR. Recently i went for a new cable and guess what? My issues are solved. Quality cable is important.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    V193 link :p

About iGPU : on my HD4000 to try to avoid flickering, i need to set it like this :
    upload_2016-9-11_8-3-11.png

On my HD4600 :
    upload_2016-9-11_8-5-28.png

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will test later today. @joecrow can u test without internal refresh rate changer of MP? I mean only if u got it ON now. See if it returns back to default. Cause i noticed that if i got it ON by accident it would fyck up my return to default. Another thing to consider is HDMI cable, dont laugh with me but for many years i was using a cheap one and i noticed sometimes my tv would blink twice or will start blankinh after a refresh switch or after 3D activation, i thought it is due to my AVR. Recently i went for a new cable and guess what? My issues are solved. Quality cable is important.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that, in fact the MP refresh rate changer was/is unchecked, so nothing there. Regarding the cables, I must admit I have been meaning to upgrade them to the high speed with ethernet versions, the old cables were not cheap ones and maybe OK but given the AVR and soon* the GPU are at HDMI ver. 2, it is probably better to be safe than sorry.

@Sebastiii I will try out v193 later today and at some point re-select the HD channel that caused the problems and generate a log for Owlsroost. Should I post it here or in the livemedia555 thread?

*off topic but my problems with the new RX 460 from Gigabyte, continue, the retailer promptly replaced the first one but the new one fails in exactly the same way. I have now raised a ticket with Gigabyte (still at the Q&A stage).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom