France France

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    On v193 during channel switch the last frame from previous channel remains on screen until the new channel video appears.

I remember u had that fixed an an older version.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When testing all the versions, are you guys doing a
    Fresh install over the old one with the installer?
    Removing the current version (all, complete, etc) then installing the new version?

I ask because I know the 2 things
    1 - The uninstall / Cleanup does not remove 100% of all directories
    2 - Installing over the old may not replace all files even if the installer seems to indicate completed.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Sebastiii
    Attached is a vid I took of the OV problem with v196/8, it was originally a lot longer with a part from our std. vid but it played so bad it needed a very long time to show more than 2 frames, so for the sake of the upload size I just included a short clip of BBC1 live, which is more typical;). The cache buffer is off shot but was there and the flash back to menu after start seems to be gone (maybe it was with the v197 dshowhelper and I just used v198 on top of v196.
    I will give v199 a go sometime tomorrow.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    On v193 during channel switch the last frame from previous channel remains on screen until the new channel video appears.

I remember u had that fixed an an older version.

The way i solved it (if we can say that) is about the blackscreen callback event. Maybe with the new madVR window created set in render call, we can see last few frames :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    When testing all the versions, are you guys doing a
    Fresh install over the old one with the installer?
    Removing the current version (all, complete, etc) then installing the new version?

I ask because I know the 2 things
    1 - The uninstall / Cleanup does not remove 100% of all directories
    2 - Installing over the old may not replace all files even if the installer seems to indicate completed.

Yep :) i'm agree with you.
    But in most of case, it's one a two dll that was changed (dshowhelper.dll and core.dll)
    In fact we have to be sure that those 2 one are changed :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow if V199 doesn't works, can you try V193 and use this bin : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/madvr-support-in-mp1.133972/page-234#post-1195623
    It seems that it's possible to copy on top of V193 :).

About the latest OV version, without the change i have notice an issue, if you select a video and it is buffering, if we focus something outside of MP, OSD will not works etc.
    So i think we really need this latest version of OV :)
    Sorry I missed v195 but had assummed it would be included with v196. Anyway I gave that a try first since I was already back on v193 and it worked fine, the cache buffer was back and the videos all played well.
    v199 (without additions) oh dear(n) on a quick test so far, TV and OV both have fast flashing display going from the vid to black regular about every half second, audio is OK, it does sometimes clear and plays but the problem always comes back on restarting the video, same in windowed mode also:(. One try of an HD vid. in Mov.Pic played OK. Both TV and OV play OK with EVR.
    I will attach logs later, must fly to a dentist appointment.:cry:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Good luck with the dentist :)

Ok so it confirm in V199 was not needed (the revert code i have done) :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

Attached are the logs for v199. FYI v200/201 both seem to work OK, flashing display gone and OV cache showing and vids play cleanly(y). For further testing and new versions basis should I stay at v201 or revert back to v193 with v195 dshowhelper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom