[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (5 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will post V205 link :)
    Inside (remove thread.sleep) and renderblack for TV, to see what give you as result for you guys :)

On my own branch, i have removed the blackscreen render (happen between channel), i will surely revert this to original master later (or not) because there is change on TsReader that is surely not needed after all, i haven't take my decision yet lol.

Still @joecrow i have no clue why V204 didn't work because the change done shouldn't impact what you describe. It should only change the OSD message happen at bottom when zapping :)
    @Sebastiii
    Hi I have gone up to v205 and all looks OK there, may have been a leftover from Lentoid that cause the problem, whatever it is looking good now.

I did notice that in new OV it seems to be taking forever to get back to the menu after stopping a vid, (EVR and Madvr), tried with the old version of OV but my RX 460 workarround (looked real good on my Desktop) seemed to have failed and its stuck on 23hz refresh rate with any attempt to play anything with a different rate or manually change it causes a reboot, so have had to put the OV testing on hold. :mad:
    Not sure what to do with the RX 460 it is certainly unfit for purpose at present, not sure if that is the Gigabyte implementation which is without a PCIe power connector, but I'm very suspicious, Kernal Power event it the reason for the reboot, and in my desktop PC it worked well as long as I set "Power Efficiency" to on (default is off).:cry:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I will post V205 link :)
    Inside (remove thread.sleep) and renderblack for TV, to see what give you as result for you guys :)

On my own branch, i have removed the blackscreen render (happen between channel), i will surely revert this to original master later (or not) because there is change on TsReader that is surely not needed after all, i haven't take my decision yet lol.

Still @joecrow i have no clue why V204 didn't work because the change done shouldn't impact what you describe. It should only change the OSD message happen at bottom when zapping :)
    @Sebastiii
    Hi I have gone up to v205 and all looks OK there, may have been a leftover from Lentoid that cause the problem, whatever it is looking good now.

I did notice that in new OV it seems to be taking forever to get back to the menu after stopping a vid, (EVR and Madvr), tried with the old version of OV but my RX 460 workarround (looked real good on my Desktop) seemed to have failed and its stuck on 23hz refresh rate with any attempt to play anything with a different rate or manually change it causes a reboot, so have had to put the OV testing on hold. :mad:
    Not sure what to do with the RX 460 it is certainly unfit for purpose at present, not sure if that is the Gigabyte implementation which is without a PCIe power connector, but I'm very suspicious, Kernal Power event it the reason for the reboot, and in my desktop PC it worked well as long as I set "Power Efficiency" to on (default is off).:cry:

Really weird too :(
    Can you upload logs to try to see what can trigger this ? :)
    It happen for all video ?
    And for sure it didn't happen yet here.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Sebastiii re-based current AtmoLight MadVR branch on latest DEV so that is ready for upcoming release :) , needs an EVR check for that MadVR TV setting but having trouble reloading the core however will be fixed before release.

https://github.com/ambilight-4-mediaportal/AtmoLight/commit/5da5583ac859e36ec46306dd561bdea44ae18e34

In the V205 MadVR build does it still do 2 frames instead of 1 capture for AtmoLight?
    As it looks a bit slower right now than with EVR but could be placebo , otherwise working great here (y)

Btw restore from tray now also works fine without crashing the player, not sure if bug or feature :cool:

// Update

Added check for MadVR fallback to EVR for TV setting which in theory should work but have no TV card to test it on:

https://github.com/ambilight-4-mediaportal/AtmoLight/commit/71ff1c9daec4622d73879bf5c4ac9fd1d3cadf35

Kept the setting name general so we can re-use in different places if needed later on, let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Nice work :)
    Yep it's still do only 2 frames :)

C++:
    // Handle GetBackBuffer to be done only 2 frames
      countFrame++;
      if (countFrame == firstFrame || countFrame == secondFrame)
      {
        if (SUCCEEDED(hr = m_pMadD3DDev->GetBackBuffer(0, 0, D3DBACKBUFFER_TYPE_MONO, &SurfaceMadVr)))
        {
          if (SUCCEEDED(hr = m_pCallback->RenderFrame(videoWidth, videoHeight, videoWidth, videoHeight, reinterpret_cast<DWORD>(SurfaceMadVr))))
          {
            SurfaceMadVr->Release();
          }
          if (countFrame == secondFrame)
          {
            countFrame = resetFrame;
          }
        }
      }

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any patch for that as we could do 1 frame again and see how that affects GPU although with EVR it tends to be fine both ways load wise :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom