[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (9 Viewers)

rohnfe

Portal Pro
September 9, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
Many thanks from myself as well... no issues with latest version so far :D Great work!!
--- Post updated ---
I want to thank Sebastiii for his effort: it works really nice with the AMD GPU RX480 and RX470

Now we are all impatient to test this release together with the BDJ menu implementation :)

This would be great to have it implemented as well (y)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm updating BD-J branch that works nicely on my side and for other :)
    So i hope that it can be include in next release so part of master branch, we just need to adapt build process on our server to be able to build it directly :)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    .ax not being correctly replaced needs to be priority in my opinion.

It was, is and will be generating many false positives if it is not fixed before u RC this branch.

But u know better, this is just my suggestion.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Seb, i have noticed an other stuff related to TV playing :
    the zapping delay is more long now since less than 1 month ( not related to Tsreader rework, at least i think)
    i think the moment was when you add the waiting of resolution during graph building.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Not sure if i can do more :( about the delay maybe it's related to thread.sleep on stop, it happen on tuner to tuner right ?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    not, channel to channel. but as 1 have 2 Tuner card for dvbt maybe it switch the 1st to the 2nd, but i'm not sure of this way.

But depending on other feedback, it's not a problem if the zapping is a little bit less fast. if all work fine !!!

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I had real problems with v204,:( sometimes when zapping a still from the old channel remains on screen with audio from the new channel and it stays that way. Navigation stills seems to work, stop takes me back to the TV menu and I can then play the channel properly, I think it failed in EVR and Madvr but please check the attached log to be sure, sorry I went back to v203 (no problem there) then got sidelinned before writing it up and can't say for sure now. If you can not reproduce the problem try going from fullscreen to windowed a couple of times and try again.;)

Also:whistle: having now got my RX 460 working I was disapointed to find that the CPU usage for HD TV was not reduced despite enabling HEVC hardware decoding in LAV, but then I noticed LAV was not being used for HD TV despite setting it as the HEVC decoder in MP Config. What I found was that if I started TV on an HD channel LAV was not used untill I zapped to a non HD channel, once in use it seemed to stay and going back to an HD channel did not turn it off. v203 has the exact same problem. I have fixed it by dereginng the Lentoid decoders which were formalling being used for HEVC. Looks like the setting is not fully effective.

The install of the RX 460 has not changed my problem of the refresh rate not being reset (from 23hz to 50hz) after playing 3D.:cry: Help, I've run out of ideas on this one.

SORRY I uploaded the log in edit mode and forgot to save the changes before logging out and deleting it on my desktop.:mad::oops:. Please let me know if you really need it and I will re-install v204 again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom