Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Great :)

Guys, i notice something weird on my side (even on older version but seems more happening on recent version, i was thinking it was related to 3D subtitle but testing a version that and i run the same.

Sometimes, the OSD didn't works, it's like the init was not correct except that all the code are executed, it can happen most on TV but also on my 4k sample testing lol.

Did you notice this issue too ?

How to test it ?
    On sample (from myvideo) i start a sample and try to get OSD ('Y' Key) and if i do F7, it restart the sample and i retest OSD and sometimes OSD seems to not be init (it seems to happen the most when using exclusive mode option checked).

It doesn't happen on DEV, so i'm not sure what happen, i'm trying to figure out that but for now i don't know where it failed.

I have even revert the madVR video call like from Kodi code and it happen too.

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

i am back in testing the new versions as well :) My blackscreen after 3D stop seems to be solved now.:D
    What i recognized is that rendering times at least for 3D are higher than using MPHC for example.
    With MPHC i could use the new NGU low for chroma (GTX 1080 downclocked) while in MP i start dropping frames with the same setting (Chroma upscaling is more or less the only thing that is applied when playing 3D right ?!!).
    I did not recognize these differences before that and with 2D this is not an issue as well as it seems:whistle:

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    @Sebastiii regarding Y menu i remember that it was happening even with ur very old builds, if u remember we were trying to bug fix dropped frames with Y osd in live tv and i noticed then that sometimes (very rare) pressing Y didnt show any osd.... but i never notice this with any other osd.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi all,

i am back in testing the new versions as well :) My blackscreen after 3D stop seems to be solved now.:D
    What i recognized is that rendering times at least for 3D are higher than using MPHC for example.
    With MPHC i could use the new NGU low for chroma (GTX 1080 downclocked) while in MP i start dropping frames with the same setting (Chroma upscaling is more or less the only thing that is applied when playing 3D right ?!!).
    I did not recognize these differences before that and with 2D this is not an issue as well as it seems:whistle:

I have no clue :( it is based on latest V244 ? :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii regarding Y menu i remember that it was happening even with ur very old builds, if u remember we were trying to bug fix dropped frames with Y osd in live tv and i noticed then that sometimes (very rare) pressing Y didnt show any osd.... but i never notice this with any other osd.

Yep i remember it :) but when it happen it's the whole OSD/GUI stuff.

Otherwise, yesterday while testing the video position, i notice that v244 didn't works correctly when the channel is 4:3, it seems that issue is fixed now, so i will be able to post a V245 bin for it.

But the OSD/GUI part bug it's not cool at all !!!!

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OSD also tends to lose information for things like MP-TVseries (show name / thumbnail etc..) however don't think that is easily solvable due to the needed threading, doesn't happen always so my guess is that something is clearing that out with a forced UI reload (exclusive switch perhaps?) :)

Other than that in both single and multi monitor setups V244 has been good to me :D

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    OSD also tends to lose information for things like MP-TVseries (show name / thumbnail etc..) however don't think that is easily solvable due to the needed threading, doesn't happen always so my guess is that something is clearing that out with a forced UI reload (exclusive switch perhaps?) :)

Other than that in both single and multi monitor setups V244 has been good to me :D

Yep i think i know why :) for this part but the one i'm seeing is really no GUI/OSD at all but i didn't understand why lol.

Otherwise :) attached is the V245 to copy on top of V244 build. It should fix the issue about 4/3 LiveTV position (in TV Home for ex) :p

Attachments

• Core_V245.zip
      3.2 MB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think there is a problem with that Core V245 download see attached screenshot which I get permanantly with any attempt to extract or copy to MPfolder in x86, after which the original Core.dll is deleted but not repaced!Older core.dll will copy/overwrite OK!

error.jpg

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    it happen sometimes it can be mptray or need a reboot :)
    Thanks for testing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom