[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (9 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    One thing that would be nice to test also is older madVR version filter and LAV Video :p

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Guys!
    I have been checking the Auto 3D mod version and so far its working good in SBS and TAB. Subtitles are ok only if then new menu option is Active. I see the videos actually in 3D. No conversion to 3D. Subtitles ok, but stick to the screen. They have O (ZERO) distance from the screen. In my opinion this option should be normally active on 3D modes as without it, subtitles only come to one eye. So even with distance 10 pixels, they are flat.

One important thing is, I use 4K resolutions only. With Frame packet 3D, my projector needs to come back to 1080P or no change possible (I think is the standard) even with TAB or SBS 3D. Frame packet 3D since last MadVr MediaPortal versions, is automatically done but not with SBS or TAB. Is it possible (@Sebastiii ) to make this magic on Auto3D?

I have one 3D film (Ghost in Shell) TAB that 3D sync is not working, Let me explain. The Video is not fully split by half. Some black lines at the bottom and the top. Only very few. This creates some lines belonging to the lower part of the upper frame to appear on the top of the lower frame (TAB video).. Son when going to 3D the image of the right eye is slightly lower than the other eye and video is not right. As far as I remember with previous versions of Auto3D there was no problem. May be the video is not prperly procesed

Regards
    A

Attachments

• 3D TAB .jpg
      3D TAB .jpg
      1.1 MB
    • 3D TAB converted to 2D.jpg
      3D TAB converted to 2D.jpg
      961.7 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi i think i understand what you explain about the black bar, i'm fear nothing can be done for madVR, because madVR need to separate the video for both eye :( (so it's on todo list of madshi but not sure it will be done soon). So yes for now some video is not working.

About the subtitle, in code we can have on offset, right now the value is 0 because it comes from madVR (this value is filled for Frame 3D because madVR handle it.

But i can add a default forced value and i think it will be ok for most of the subtitle :)

About Auto3D SBS or TAB is working on my side (but i have only 1080p resolution on my projector) and the 3D is auto switchind bt RS232 command.
    But if i understand you correctly, you want that the resolution goes to 1080P when SBS or TAB is detected ?

I was thinking that if you add this in madVR refreshrate setting it would switch to that resolution.

Imagine this, playing a 1080P 3D SBS, if i have 1080p23 or 1080p24 or 1080p50 etc in the settings like :

upload_2017-10-21_19-7-30.png

I think it should change the resolution :p

Can you try with EVR ?
    Btw in EVR, @Marcus Venturi manage to analyse the video and does a separation with blackbar etc.
    I think only Auto3D (in EVR) does that, i don't think MPC-HC is capable of this.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    About Auto3D SBS or TAB is working on my side (but i have only 1080p resolution on my projector) and the 3D is auto switchind bt RS232 command.
    But if i understand you correctly, you want that the resolution goes to 1080P when SBS or TAB is detected ?

I was thinking that if you add this in madVR refreshrate setting it would switch to that resolution.

Imagine this, playing a 1080P 3D SBS, if i have 1080p23 or 1080p24 or 1080p50 etc in the settings like :

I think it should change the resolution :p

Can you try with EVR ?
    Btw in EVR, @Marcus Venturi manage to analyse the video and does a separation with blackbar etc.
    I think only Auto3D (in EVR) does that, i don't think MPC-HC is capable of this.

Yes, my request is to force 1080P on TAB and SBS detection by Auto3D. And on Video Stop, return to previous resolution. I also have Eventghost sending http command to activate SBS or TAB modes on my JVC projector but they are ignored if 4K. They work on 1080P.

I have all modes in my MadVr setup so nothing there.
    Subtitles on MVC 3D always worked and still work. SBS or TAB only if your new option is selected. So it could be automatic if any 3D mode from Auto3D is active, this new option also.
    Many thanks, Monday will test EVR. Any how I'm afraid the sample video is improperly created. Not by Auto3D. When it was created. Black bar is on top of left eye and bottom of right eye. That's not right.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Helios61 : what decoder are you using in LAV?
    I've tried all ;), nothing is working fine. In the meantime i've made a complete fresh install of windows and MP, but MP is unstable, a lot of issues with EVR and MAdVR. @Sebastiii , i've noticed again the old bug, that there is no sound with DRC enabled. IIRC it was fixed some weeks ago, isn't it?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey :)
    The DRC was removing disconnecting device (audio for sure) so i have made a workaround to redetect it :p so yes should be fixed but if it happen for Video then here is the culprit because related to what kind of GPU issue happen from this disconnecting, MP can't recover :(

Can be present this morning to do some testing if you want :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @alexdepalma

V351 that add the subtitle depth (by the setting from Auto3D) :p (for ex set to 20 on my side)

upload_2017-10-22_8-14-21.png

Can you test ? :)

Attachments

• Core_v351.zip
      1.1 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes, my request is to force 1080P on TAB and SBS detection by Auto3D. And on Video Stop, return to previous resolution. I also have Eventghost sending http command to activate SBS or TAB modes on my JVC projector but they are ignored if 4K. They work on 1080P.

I have all modes in my MadVr setup so nothing there.
    Subtitles on MVC 3D always worked and still work. SBS or TAB only if your new option is selected. So it could be automatic if any 3D mode from Auto3D is active, this new option also.
    Many thanks, Monday will test EVR. Any how I'm afraid the sample video is improperly created. Not by Auto3D. When it was created. Black bar is on top of left eye and bottom of right eye. That's not right.

About subs try the bin in previous post :)
    About the switch to 1080p not sure if it's doable because the analyse is done on source video lol (for EVR we can maybe force that but not on madVR side i fear :( )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom