[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (132 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    2,715
    2,078
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes and the Cinemascope aspect ratio. Other that the subs having no relationship with the words being spoken:p it looks really good(y), see screenshot.
    subs.jpg
     

    Helios61

    Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    4,586
    875
    64
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys, Hi @Sebastiii :),

    after our last TV meeting, I noticed a lot of issues, so I switched to MP 1.18.0 and EVR and all issues are gone.
    With MadVR (MP 1.18.0 / MadVR default settings) unfortunately i get a lot of issues:
    1. Live TV: Switching the channels does not work.
    2. Some movies don't start.
    3. Audio starts only after a change of the audio stream.
    4. 3D MVC movies do not start, not even in 2D mode
    5. After the end of a movie or live TV, i sometimes get a green GUI (Screenshot).
    It seems, that the combination Intel® HD-Grafik 630 / MadVR unfortunately doesn't work proper :(.

    Unfortunately, due to my new job i have only little time for testing, but if you need more information, I will try to help.

    Best regards
    Helios
     

    Attachments

    • IMG_20171019_212221.jpg
      IMG_20171019_212221.jpg
      372.8 KB

    Sebastiii

    Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    16,514
    10,467
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

    I fear it's kindy related to madVR and iGPU :(
    Can you try to install Kodi Dsplayer version ? (at least for testing the Video part)
    But Kodi maybe can recover (C++ code) more easily when the GPU crash.

    Or

    Are you able to test another video card instead of iGPU ? :)
    Thanks.
     

    Sebastiii

    Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    16,514
    10,467
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    One thing that would be nice to test also is older madVR version filter and LAV Video :p
     

    alexdepalma

    MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    541
    493
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Guys!
    I have been checking the Auto 3D mod version and so far its working good in SBS and TAB. Subtitles are ok only if then new menu option is Active. I see the videos actually in 3D. No conversion to 3D. Subtitles ok, but stick to the screen. They have O (ZERO) distance from the screen. In my opinion this option should be normally active on 3D modes as without it, subtitles only come to one eye. So even with distance 10 pixels, they are flat.

    One important thing is, I use 4K resolutions only. With Frame packet 3D, my projector needs to come back to 1080P or no change possible (I think is the standard) even with TAB or SBS 3D. Frame packet 3D since last MadVr MediaPortal versions, is automatically done but not with SBS or TAB. Is it possible (@Sebastiii ) to make this magic on Auto3D?

    I have one 3D film (Ghost in Shell) TAB that 3D sync is not working, Let me explain. The Video is not fully split by half. Some black lines at the bottom and the top. Only very few. This creates some lines belonging to the lower part of the upper frame to appear on the top of the lower frame (TAB video).. Son when going to 3D the image of the right eye is slightly lower than the other eye and video is not right. As far as I remember with previous versions of Auto3D there was no problem. May be the video is not prperly procesed


    Regards
    A
     

    Attachments

    • 3D TAB .jpg
      3D TAB .jpg
      1.1 MB
    • 3D TAB converted to 2D.jpg
      3D TAB converted to 2D.jpg
      961.7 KB
    Last edited:

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom