[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (7 Viewers)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok :) i have pushed the change and need to be tested :)
    So i have reverted and added some code to be able to have 2D back on stop.
    I have tested HID and MCE remote control :p it works but somehow pressing the second time the button to display the context menu didn't remove it.
    I have let the code for assign a key because we can use it too :p

The main reason for removing the switch back to 2D on stop was to handle the use case of switching from one 3D movie to another nicely.
    With the switch back to 2D it would mess up everything on most devices as it would try to switch to 2D and then switch back to 3D in a split second which is not possible for most device where you have a macro that take sometimes 10 seconds to run.
    Ideally this behaviour should be configurable.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok thanks :)
    It sound logic :p i will try on my side (or maybe added an option) busy at the moment on madVR, trying to do some rework and take all my free time lol :p

biship

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2008
    I hate to break up your 3D party! I am using simple old 2D 1080p. For some reason I get a audio sync issue with FullScreen Exclusive mode (set in madVR), but only with Mediaportal. When using Potplayer & MadVR I do not get this issue.
    I can fix it by using windowed mode with madVR. I've been using FSE mode for a long time - 9+ months, and it always worked.. but only noticed the sync issue in the last week. I think one of the latest builds from this thread broke it. (I always use the builds in this thread - as soon as they are posted).
    Could this be the case? What do you need from me to help fix this?

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi @biship
    everyone seem busy atm, but it could well be a new sideffect^^ so full logs will not hurt i guess.
    but have heard similar things from home^^ kids complained, that the sound goes faster somehow after a while watching..
    however, you can easily revert back to a version before the recent 3d party was continued^^ for example try with v349 or one off the three from last month on page one or even latest stable 1.18 to compare or as temporar workaround...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Guys :)
    Here a new version, it start to react like MPC-HC so that's good but not perfect lol.

Need a big regression testing because there was a lot of change :p
    On HTPC i was able to play 3D MVC with exclusive mode :)

The big change is that i was quite to able to correctly release shared texture/vertex to permit to accept and handle the new D3D device sended by madVR when for ex changing screen and/or resolution.
    Now it react like MPC-HC but can have some error on resolution change (aka MPC-HC i was able to reproduce the same error lol).

So let see how it works for you :p

Ps : i didn't test the sync issue and not sure where it come from @daWooky maybe you can test if it happen also with this build :p

Last edited:

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now it react like MPC-HC but can have some error on resolution change (aka MPC-HC i was able to reproduce the same error lol).

Like some black screen with mouse cursor on quick resolution changes? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom