[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (4 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I will post/upload one or two zip, i have try something for dropped frame and preview window, it seems to act like EVR so will be good to test :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok I'm back in the "frame" :LOL: for testing. I have installed V53 and the update for OV, so far with a quick functional test all is looking good for me. Nice to see the cache buffer is now displayed in OV with madvr(y).
    Will update as and when;).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I will upload a full release (V54) so new one to test :)
    I hope it's better for dropped frame issue and maybe preview window.
    About the crash on stop it's often related to CLR (.NET) but i will need to look again the log :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    when live tv gets started the frames drop like hell and choppy playback even on fullscreen zapping, sometimes it's working
    if not, and the dropping frame bug continues i found a simple fix: zap to the second tuner - then frames play smooth, without drops all is good again even next zap
    logs about that. tv on with drops until i switch to sr fernsehen on second tuner

@Owlsroost if you can see something :p
    Thanks.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    when live tv gets started the frames drop like hell and choppy playback even on fullscreen zapping, sometimes it's working
    if not, and the dropping frame bug continues i found a simple fix: zap to the second tuner - then frames play smooth, without drops all is good again even next zap
    logs about that. tv on with drops until i switch to sr fernsehen on second tuner

@Owlsroost if you can see something :p
    Thanks.

I suspect it doesn't (sometimes) like how the graph starts playing - it's forcing quite a lot of video frames to be buffered in TsReader sometimes (more than 2s of video).

When it stutters, does pausing playback (for a second or two) fix it, or does skipping back 15 sec fix it ?

Also try ticking the 'no slomo' option in MP->-TV->advanced settings (see image below):

No_slowmo_TV.png

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for ya suggestions owl,
    I suspect it doesn't (sometimes) like how the graph starts playing
    so am i ;),
    pause i dont tested but yap i think too it may work, advanced tv settings were already ticked, even tried rtsp with delay vs unc... no change.

but some improvement i had - i update lav to latest build 0.68.1 yesterday, seems to emprove the rendertimes and stability, we will see...
    fresh v54 on the table :D cheers

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Not sure why, but for me v54 is less stable. I used to rarely get jerky TV (reset by restarting TV) but for v54 it's nearly every start. Haven't been able to check 4:3 yet as there isn't any on :)

Want a log?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Not sure why, but for me v54 is less stable. I used to rarely get jerky TV (reset by restarting TV) but for v54 it's nearly every start. Haven't been able to check 4:3 yet as there isn't any on :)

Want a log?

Yep with watchdog first option :) to disable all plugins in case of something is trigger :)
    Jerky TV can be seen in tsreader.log i think, i'm not the expert, does it happen with recording too ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom