[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (10 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Freuli ofc need debug logs but in your actual log, after adding the audio decoder (LAV Audio), there is audio device removed :
    [2017-12-31 07:50:28,546] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer Intel(R) Display-Audio removed
    This is breaking something on MP :( i can't reproduce it so hard to tell what happen exactly, but it can be related to the same kind of issue seen @Helios61 this summer.

I remember that GPU driver version was the culprit but not only (also refresh rate changer) so could be nice to try also with DRR off (from madVR and MP) just to confirm if it's better or not :p

EDIT : Ah also to test with EVR :)

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow some users on madVR domm9 forum has some issue with AMD and 3D and FSE is needed :p (from what i have read lol)
    Hmmn, maybe something to do with the dreaded CFU:sick:, my HTPC is still on 1703 (reverted back after several failed attempts to update to 1709). I do not use FSE either, never have, and 3D MVC works fine. My desktop which is at 1709 sadly has no 3D capability, so can't test there.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Seb, the only issue I'm getting with the latest is a madVR crash, but seemingly during video/TV playback without user interaction. It's happened 3 times over last day (all fine bar that) but I just managed to get a decent log for it. See attached. I've also included the madVR log. Any thoughts?

Freuli

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Hi Sebastiii,
    I changed th elog verbosity. First test was DRR im MP off but in madvr on. I had a crash. Second test was without DRR in madvr and MP. No crash, but for sure wrong frequency. After stopping the video, MP was hanging for some seconds, but no crash.
    The dll is in my MP folder. Screenhot attached.
    With EVR and DRR in MP on, no hang up, but first start, sccreen after switching the frequency still black. Reactivated with windows key, but video was not playing. Second start of the video, everything was working proberly.

Thanks
    Markus

Attachments

• Screenshot dll.PNG
      Screenshot dll.PNG
      16.9 KB
    • madVR - crash report DRR MP off madVR on.txt
      53.6 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Seb, the only issue I'm getting with the latest is a madVR crash, but seemingly during video/TV playback without user interaction. It's happened 3 times over last day (all fine bar that) but I just managed to get a decent log for it. See attached. I've also included the madVR log. Any thoughts?

Hi :)
    Not sure the real cause, for sure we can see an error related to :
    MediaPortal.InputDevices.HidListener System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
    So maybe it's the issue but no clue why :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Sebastiii,
    I changed th elog verbosity. First test was DRR im MP off but in madvr on. I had a crash. Second test was without DRR in madvr and MP. No crash, but for sure wrong frequency. After stopping the video, MP was hanging for some seconds, but no crash.
    The dll is in my MP folder. Screenhot attached.
    With EVR and DRR in MP on, no hang up, but first start, sccreen after switching the frequency still black. Reactivated with windows key, but video was not playing. Second start of the video, everything was working proberly.

Thanks
    Markus

Thanks for logs and test, so clearly, it's related to Audio Device removed when DRR kick in, in EVR bring something on MP windows form permit to continue but with madVR it didn't.
    We knows that FCU is wrong with Intel, because we can see that audio device removed is related to Intel :p

I can't reproduce it here but maybe we can try to do a workaround here.

I can try to code something (based on your log for you to test) ? :)
    Thanks.

And happy evening guys and future 2018 :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok will upload before going out an WIP installer for you to test @Freuli :p
    Also you will need to disable this option :

upload_2017-12-31_19-26-59.png

in :

upload_2017-12-31_19-26-44.png

So you can try 2 new logs with madVR and DRR on (from madVR) and DRR off :p
    Installer is building and will upload asap :p

Freuli

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Hallo Sebastiii,

happy new year. Unfortunately, my family is watching TV. I try to test later this day.

Thanks for your effort.

Regards
    Markus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom