[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (7 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AMD Card ? because it seems AMD is not working correctly for 3D in windowed mode
    Do you mean v416? I tried 3D windowed on my HTPC (AMD GPU) 1.8 final and recent but not the latest vid. drivers and it is working fine.:)
    Hm no its Nvidia 1080Ti:)
    Much as I liked most aspects of the GTX 1050Ti, I owned for a bit earlier in the year, Nvidias' horrible 3D implementation:eek: was the reason I gave up on it and sold it. I just was never able to get 3D working reliably in all situations.

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try completing the 3D test on Nvidia control panel Driver. An option like Installation Assistant (Sorry I have it in spanish) After completing, it probably will work. I need to pas this test on every Nvidia driver change...
    I already did that :) Its needed for exclusive mode as well as to my knowledge. I will try to get some logs now...

I can live with exclusive as well ... but i want to know why. And secondly UHD HDR is not working anymore in exclusive mode at least for me (its working in windowed mode)... Before it was working in exclusive only.
    So this whole stuff seems to have just turned arround lol

@Sebastiii added logs

Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I already did that :) Its needed for exclusive mode as well as to my knowledge. I will try to get some logs now...

I can live with exclusive as well ... but i want to know why. And secondly UHD HDR is not working anymore in exclusive mode at least for me (its working in windowed mode)... Before it was working in exclusive only.
    So this whole stuff seems to have just turned arround lol
    I dont useExclusive mode and only option is Direct3D 11 for presentation.
    If you have 4K screen, remember the 3D is not Implemented in 4K. So if 4K tv or the TV itself does changes (mine is not 3D) or you must use the force 1080p mode on MP config MadVr settings.. to get Real 3DMVC or SBS TAB modes..

Hope it herlps!

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a 4K screen... and MP/madvr automatically switches to 1080p when 3D is played :) you don`t even need to have 1080p23 in the view modes of madvr...as i want everything else upscaled to 4K by madvr.

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Found out that 4k h264 dont work with FSE (files stutter extreme or has picture corruption, made tests with evr and some madvr modes) while 4k h265 files with and without hdr have no problems. My solution is now using window overlay as normal behaviour and use a profile switch for FSE only for 3D files. My 3D files are named with (3D), so the profile was not hard to made. Downside is 3D on TV is not activated automatically, but thats a minor problem and on some on my tests madvr crashes on stop of 3D file.

And for NO FSE and D3D11 mode I have a black screen on starting the 4k h264 files. Using minimode and than fullscreen again brings the picture back.

So for now the profiles help to get a better solution for 3D, 4k, 4k HDR and I can go back with madvr for TV.

On my tests I activated GPU Scaling in AMD Settings. Funny thing 3D MVC files are converted automatically to SBS and you can use Auto3D for switching to SBS 3D on TV. Downside here: I believe to see the lowered resolution from 3D SBS on fast moving scenes compared to 3D MVC. But maybe this is a solution for some people, so the difference is not big.

Attachments

• madVR - crash report.txt
      58.5 KB

Freuli

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Hi Sebastiii,
    sorry for my late respones. I was 2 days off for skiing.
    Unfortunately also with the new installer, the problem occurs. When I wait longer, I get a madvr failure. Screenshot is attached.

Regards
    Markus

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
      Unbenannt.PNG
      102.3 KB
    • 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      176.3 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    HI Markus,
    In latest/recent installer, there is a new dll for audio : in your log i can see :

[2017-12-31 07:50:30,059] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Mixer: error occured in ChangeAudioDevice: CSCore.CoreAudioAPI.CoreAudioAPIException (0x80070490): IMMDeviceEnumerator::GetDefaultAudioEndpoint caused an error: 0x80070490, "Element nicht gefunden.".
    bei CSCore.CoreAudioAPI.MMDeviceEnumerator.GetDefaultAudioEndpoint(DataFlow dataFlow, Role role)
    bei MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.ChangeAudioDevice(String deviceName, Boolean setToDefault)

It's related to this dll, so either, the dll is not copied or it lead to something wrong with it :(

Can you tell me if the dll 'CSCore.dll' is copied on C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal ?

Screenshot from mine :
    upload_2017-12-31_8-14-30.png

When madVR crash, it could be nice to try to click on send report (to get the whole text from the crash and copy past to a file) or get the crash report (sometimes copied itself on desktop or you can try manually to generate it by the combination key defined in madVR config tool :

upload_2017-12-31_8-16-36.png

This can be changed to CTRL+F for ex :
    upload_2017-12-31_8-17-22.png

Thanks.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Some on my tests madvr crashes on stop of 3D file.

On my tests I activated GPU Scaling in AMD Settings. Funny thing 3D MVC files are converted automatically to SBS and you can use Auto3D for switching to SBS 3D on TV. Downside here: I believe to see the lowered resolution from 3D SBS on fast moving scenes compared to 3D MVC. But maybe this is a solution for some people, so the difference is not big.

Hi,
    Yep, it crash on D3D so are to tell if it's really MP or GPU drivers or Windows :(
    When the 3D MVC is on SBS, the resolution is lowered, i can confirm that too.

Does MPC-HC does the same ?

:)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Freuli
    Can you try again for logs, could you manually set the debug level to MP config ? somehow logs are not in debug level.

upload_2017-12-31_9-9-28.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom