Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    France France
    Country flag
    Hi :)
    No it shouldn't reset settings :p
    Installer based on post is more recent, i will supply a new installer in first post based on madVR V420 (V416 is on fist post) and other one in post are V420 + WIP Intel issue etc.
    Also V416 to V420 has more fix for madVR than 1.19 Pre release, but i have plan to merge those for 1.19 Final but need you guys for regression testing :p

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    No it shouldn't reset settings :p
    I think the question and problem is, that after installing one of the recent V1-x versions from your posts, if you attempt to run an "installer" version it will only allow you to do a "Fresh" install, which looses the setup, not an upgrade. Not too much of a problem if you have a backup but even then you loose the skin setup. I seem to remember there is a workarround by going to the deploy folder, but can't remember how.:rolleyes:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    France France
    Country flag
    Thanks for confirming this, yes installing the separate installer from deploy folder will do the upgrade :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    France France
    Country flag
    About the deploy folder, it's here : %temp%\MediaPortal Installation\deploy and we can execute both files :)

upload_2018-1-6_20-18-15.png

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Germany Germany
    I have made a "test" using the latest installer you posted yesterday and i had 2 complete freezes of (BSD) of the computer while watching and on stop..unfortunately the error logs are empty so i am not quite sure if it was due to MP that the PC crashed. I have attached the logs anyway. I will do a full cleanup and reinstall :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    France France
    Country flag
    Hi @rohnfe :(
    Can you run watchdog to collect logs ?
    Will able to look at the event windows app/system logs maybe it will lead the root of BSD :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    France France
    Country flag
    Guys :)
    I will upload the V422 installer in first post and added explanation to proceed to an upgrade if it didn't go with full installer :p
    This one is based on future 1.19 Final (and based on previous V14 WIP build) :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    T MadVR + LAV Filters, Perfect in MPC-BE, Bad in MP1 MediaPortal 1 Talk 13
    A 1.24.0 1.24 Kills 3D MVC playback on MadVr 1.24-1.26 Pre Release 66
    X MadVR Settings Video & DVD 2
    G MadVR, black TV Picture 1.20 Pre Release 1
    S Pause button no longer works with MadVR in 1.19 General Support 4
    C Is there an ideot save how-to implement madVR incl. HDR? Codecs, External Players 1
    Palm_Maniac madVR Frage Allgemeines Supportforum 19
    horned_reaper [solved] HID commands are not processed when multiple applications with HID support are open General Support 16
    horned_reaper [solved] Add support for Bluetooth events Improvement Suggestions 2
    CyberSimian Support for control.isvisible() in expressions MediaPortal 1 8
    morpheus_xx [WiP] OnlineVideos: New browser based playback support using WebDriver, new Amazon siteutil MediaPortal 2 14
    M 2nd (Touch-)Display Support on MediaPortal 2 such MPDisplay++? General 2
    J Support waipu TV TV-Server 0
    doskabouter WebDAV support OnlineVideos 0
    K Multichannel audio and subtitles for TV not properly supported General Support 4
    CyberSimian Support pack for Ortek VRC-1100 and Hama 00052451 Remotes 6
    cbr954rr [Finished] [MP2-801] Support for tag image extraction Archive 7
    catavolt [solved] FanartHandler - Skin - Holiday and Spotlight support Fanart Handler 14
    C Drive Type is not supported by system Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 3
    raffe [solved] Export tool and import support from MP-TVSeries & Moving Pictures to MP2 General 22
    morpheus_xx General Testing TVE 3.5 Sat>IP support (MP2 only) TV Engine 47
    E M3U Playlist and EPG Support/Configuration Installation, configuration support 1
    G Mediaportal2 supported formats General 1
    M [solved] Stub Support General 11
    morpheus_xx [WiP] Adding 64 bit support to MP2 MediaPortal 2 31