[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (5 Viewers)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm using V55 and it's fine for now. I resolve my problem of frame dropped with 1080i TV. I have to use ''software deinterlacing'' in LAVfilter !

But my GPU Ram and Clock goes to 90% even without this option enable anyway.

Thanks for your hard work Sebastiii !

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    kids found a new regression while zapping with v54,:)
    Screenshot (49).png
    the info osd on zaps kinda cut out the previous programm.

reverted cos with v55 its flickering even more,
    only tried on the nvdia htpc singleseat, that didnt had flickerer since early versions but with v55 it flickers and lags on big tvguide
    (and the audience didn't like the new look):whistle:

happy mother´s day:)

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Maybe it's skin dependent :( about the flickering.
    About OSD zap, no clue, nothing change about it lol.
    Try to grab log with watchdog always usefull :p

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Getting crashes during playback at the moment, but I think it's the AtmoLight plugin. Should I log here or over in the AmbiLight hardware section?

EDIT: Here is the log anyway. Looks like d3d error driving AtmoLight nuts. Also agree with joecrow that going back a few builds causes much faster zapping.

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Both v54 and V55 seem to be very clunky and slower than older versions when zaping TV channels, first off the screen goes black except for the osd then the old channel is displayed briefly before finally the new channel plays. I went back to V41 (have nothing to try in between) and confirmed it zaps much nicer;).
    Also confirmed the older 2.2 version of OV does see ITV A-Z so maybe something not quite right with the .zip update:cautious:?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Both v54 and V55 seem to be very clunky and slower than older versions when zaping TV channels, first off the screen goes black except for the osd then the old channel is displayed briefly before finally the new channel plays. I went back to V41 (have nothing to try in between) and confirmed it zaps much nicer;).
    Also confirmed the older 2.2 version of OV does see ITV A-Z so maybe something not quite right with the .zip update:cautious:?

Zip update is based on latest source but maybe something is wrong lol.
    About the ZAP, V54 introduce a thread.sleep to avoid TV Guide flickering, V55 thread.sleep was removed but i have put a return for GUIImage the source of flickering. So maybe it introduce something?

Does in EVR the ZAP is equal to madVR ?

Ah also surely from V54, now we have the same code from EVR to display preview video window but maybe it create some delay with madVR.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Added V56 to make it works with AtmoLight (it's WIP). (added in first post)

Beer in mind that it better to test MP alone without plugins to have full madVR working correctly. After that we can extend the testing with other plugins.
    But still could be nice to try to test :).

V56 will not have anything regarding the ZAP etc.

I can provide a V57 with some code reverted to see if it's better.

But if you can confirm that it does the same with V57.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Totally understand Seb. I just remembered after posting I could switch it off and find out :) So huge thanks for AtmoLight. If there's any problem with plugin maintenance (I only use OV and AL) then just say and I'm sure we'll cope. But it does really help ensure it stays on the main box. The kids are also your testers :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    V56 will not have anything regarding the ZAP etc.

I can provide a V57 with some code reverted to see if it's better.

But if you can confirm that it does the same with V57.

Will test V57 as soon as poss. but that is now unlikely to be before tomorrow as HTPC is now in use and with Tatort comming up later, no chance:LOL:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom