[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (8 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    While testing, enable deinterlacing create dropped frame on my side on HD4000 iGPU lol

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    But the good news, is that is happen also with MPC-HC / MP with LAV Splitter :) So not MP.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Just to compound my pain with this... D3D9 windowed also suffered the 4:3 bug just now. So despite you guys not getting it at all, I can't escape it! :cry:

Seb I do really appreciate you trying though (y)(y) but my setup is not very peculiar so hard for me to understand what is happening. I'll mess some more tomorrow.[DOUBLEPOST=1462576449][/DOUBLEPOST]
    While testing, enable deinterlacing create dropped frame on my side on HD4000 iGPU lol
    Try LAV YADIF :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Just to compound my pain with this... D3D9 windowed also suffered the 4:3 bug just now. So despite you guys not getting it at all, I can't escape it! :cry:

Seb I do really appreciate you trying though (y)(y) but my setup is not very peculiar so hard for me to understand what is happening. I'll mess some more tomorrow.[DOUBLEPOST=1462576449][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Try LAV YADIF :)

I can't reproduce it :(
    If i tune a channel (4:3) from 28.2 (right now True Drama) it goes to fullscreen directly, i can press 'X' key to get back the GUIDE.
    I notice one thing when getting back to TVGuide, sometimes the preview window is moved outside of his position.
    But i can click on it and/or press 'X' key to go back to fullscreen.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    V54 is looking good for me with everything (that is from the prospective that I never saw the kenwonders' 4:3 problem or dropped frames) except OV. With the latest version OV (.zip on page 1) the sites update problem reported some while ago now seems resolved but when I try to access ITV Player A-Z it shows zero content :((works fine on my desktop with the standard 2.1.0 version), ITV live and all BBC/ZDF etc content I have tried seem to be there as normal. I also saw a couple of intermittent instances of a hang on starting BBC catchup content and at least one blackscreen hang on stop with madvr which plays this 1280x720 content with the display refresh of 25fps, I tried again with the MP RR changer (msdvr disabled) which plays it at 50fps and had no problems, also problem free with EVR.
    Cleared the logs and went back to madvr RR changer but of course:oops: it has not failed since. Hopefully I can reproduce this again next week, following the weekend peak viewing pause and will post any resulting logs. I will also try the new LAV filters if a chance comes over the weekend;).

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I can't reproduce it :(
    If i tune a channel (4:3) from 28.2 (right now True Drama) it goes to fullscreen directly, i can press 'X' key to get back the GUIDE.
    I notice one thing when getting back to TVGuide, sometimes the preview window is moved outside of his position.
    But i can click on it and/or press 'X' key to go back to fullscreen.
    Oh well. Really appreciate the attempt to replicate. I'll mess with some settings today and see what affect I can make. Based on v54 having an impact, can you suggest anything that might be worth checking?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For AtmoLight users there's a public beta now, this grabs the image differently than our non-madVR approach and for now only works in single monitor solutions or Mediaportal has to be the primary one.
    As always with beta builds there's a risk of bugs but have it running here for some time now without issues :) , there is backwards compatibility with non-madVR mediaportal builds so will work with EVR just fine.

Also make sure to disable "Fullscreen exclusive mode" in your madVR settings as otherwise AtmoLight will not be able to hook in.

Attachments

• AtmoLight_1.17.0.10_V23.mpe1
      1.5 MB
    Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    For AtmoLight users there's a public beta now, this grabs the image differently than our non-madVR approach and for now only works in single monitor solutions or your Mediaportal has to be the primary one.
    As always with beta builds there's a risk of bugs but have it running here for some time now without issues :) , there is backwards compatibility with non-madVR mediaportal builds so will work with EVR just fine.

Also make sure to disable "Fullscreen exclusive mode" in your madVR settings as otherwise AtmoLight will not be able to hook in.
    Working great here. I used your update as an excuse to migrate from pure Ambibox to AtmoLight + Ambibox. It worked! Timing differences are now down to the madVR processing differences, but as these are <20ms they are not really noticable. Thanks for sorting the 24fps calculation issue :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom