Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Oh btw :)

Does the TVGuide is less flickering ? (I have added a hack but could be nice to know the real cause)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Didn't notice that myself, so still good. I have some more good news. Here is my success matrix (both choppy fps and 4:3 bug)
    DX11/Exclusive - >50% chance of choppy and/or 4:3 bug
    D3D9/Exclusive - >50% chance of choppy and/or 4:3 bug
    DX11/Windowed - <50% chance of choppy and/or 4:3 bug
    D3D9/Windowed - 0% chance of choppy and/or 4:3 bug

Not a huge sample size, but it does mean I have no issue if I use the bottom config. This is only with v54, previous versions have no success with 4:3 bug at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1462558194][/DOUBLEPOST]Also noticed (hope this merges with above) that the TV starts as a small black box, then jumps to the correct preview location, then up to fullscreen. With EVR, it starts up in the preview location before going fullscreen. You may already know this...

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    bug and bet :ROFLMAO:
    i reread the thread a bit just a wild guess ,do u using yadif? cant recomment that exept u have a beast for it^^

Does the TVGuide is less flickering ? (I have added a hack but could be nice to know the real cause)
    flush after last render step makes a huge difference on guide, info osd the little epg or similar skin osd still some delay/drop frames, fullscreen all good again

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have moved my dish to 28.2 lol.

I can see some channel right now TV99 :
    [2016-05-06 20:24:52,108] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TsReaderPlayer: OnVideoFormatChanged - streamtype=MPEG2 resolution=544x576 aspect ratio=16:9 bitrate=15000000 isInterlaced=True

I can't reproduce it for now but if you can link me to some channel with frequency, i will try :)
    Thanks.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    bug and bet :ROFLMAO:
    i reread the thread a bit just a wild guess ,do u using yadif? cant recomment that exept u have a beast for it^^
    Yes, running YADIF as it beats the hardware for quality. I find that because it's using the CPU, I actually get better madVR headroom. It does seem to be the cause of the strange resizing, but I can change to one of the 'Western' software deinterlace types which don't. It hasn't affected success anywhere for what I can see. My CPU is used by that and AmbiBox during playback, but there's still not a huge load.

I have moved my dish to 28.2 lol.

I can see some channel right now TV99 :
    [2016-05-06 20:24:52,108] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TsReaderPlayer: OnVideoFormatChanged - streamtype=MPEG2 resolution=544x576 aspect ratio=16:9 bitrate=15000000 isInterlaced=True

I can't reproduce it for now but if you can link me to some channel with frequency, i will try :)
    Thanks.

True Entertainment will be for a while (Avengers at 8pm). Don't forget it will go 16:9 during ad breaks which doesn't recreate the issue.
    TrueEnt.png

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It does seem to be the cause of the strange resizing
    no yadif = no bug(weird side-effect) ?
    madVR can do dxva2 deinterlacing with all gpus's even crappy igpu and apus. the lav yadif deinterlacing might provide better image quality than dxva2 deinterlacing, on the cost of higher cpu consumption and general room for some bugs ^^ what was yadif again^^
    i cant guess any streams that madVR cant deinterlace nicely, but im not the one to judge your image quality, may try to use the error diffusion 1 option on dithering (awesome but needs a well fitted dx11 gpu for it)
    cheers

Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    It does seem to be the cause of the strange resizing
    no yadif no bug?
    madVR can do dxva2 deinterlacing with all gpus's ever crappy igpu and apus. the lav yadif deinterlacing might provide better image quality than dxva2 deinterlacing, on the cost of higher cpu consumption and general room for some bugs ^^ what was yadif again^^
    i cant guess any streams that madVR cant deinterlace nicely, ya may try to use the error diffusion 1 option on dithering (awesome but needs a well fitted dx11 gpu for it)
    Uh oh no my bad explanation. When using YADIF the madVR scaler does something slightly different, but that isn't related to the 4:3 bug. As for quality, I don't know why hw is not so good for me but I've checked a few times. It's not that it's failing just that it doesn't look as nice.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I just try True Ent : (seems ok)
    [2016-05-06 22:51:09,991] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TsReaderPlayer: OnVideoFormatChanged - streamtype=MPEG2 resolution=544x576 aspect ratio=4:3 bitrate=15000000 isInterlaced=True

upload_2016-5-6_22-52-57.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom