[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (9 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does D3D11 Copy-Back (i.e. selecting a GPU manually in LAV) work better than DXVA2 Copy-Back on your systems? o_O
    Yes, I have a couple of UHD/HDR vids that play smoothly with D3D11 (HD not UHD display) but stutter very badly with Copy-Back, the LG-Chess sample is typical if you want to try it yourself.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,
    i've also tried out with evr-tv and i can also very easily reproduce it. @Sebastiii play any video with madvr, let it run and go directly to television without stop in between. see a attached small video with the blackout
    also the alt+enter workaround as described by @el Filou works. i also know another workaround, just use madvr for tv:LOL: i wouldn't want to do without it...

@Sebastiii i actually wanted to ask you something else.
    is it right that when watching tv the resolution adapts to the first station tuned and then is not really recognized/changed again when switching around on the same tuner? stupid question i know. i noticed it with native resolutions... the recognition when watching tv was not always right and maybe this is also necessary for the hdr deactivation when watching non hdr after hdr.... but take your time:p latest version is going quite well otherwise, close to fully satisfied(y)(y)(y)

Attachments

• MediaPortal - Fullscreen video 07.09.2018 09_29_38.avi
      34.1 MB

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    this issue seems similar to my black screen when i start videos (unfortunately it happens randomly). Guys is also back then red button cure your black screen ? or only alt+enter is working ?

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i didn't try it with a remote control so no red button but i tried x y keys, back and stop. the command was always executed correctly in the background but the screen remained black only alt+enter had worked

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    it's not back and stop, it's back than full screen ( i don't know on kb what key is), no need to stop , i'm just curiuos ;)

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Yes, I have a couple of UHD/HDR vids that play smoothly with D3D11 (HD not UHD display) but stutter very badly with Copy-Back, the LG-Chess sample is typical if you want to try it yourself.
    Yep, I am in exactly the same situation, but I was talking specifically about the copy-back mode of D3D11, i.e. when you manually select a GPU instead of leaving it on 'Automatic' (which enables native mode).
    If you don't do that then deinterlacing doesn't work, which is bad for TV, and if you do then you are back on copy-back mode with the same performance issues with UHD that DXVA2 copy-back has.
    Also, on my GPU DXVA2 copyback is slightly faster than D3D11 copy-back, which is the reason of my comments that D3D11 is still useless for TV for the moment (until madshi eventually implements deinterlacing with native mode).

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Did anyone try the latest 399.07 NVIDIA driver and would you by chance have also encountered "video scheduler internal error" BSoDs when coming out of S3 sleep while MP is running?
    I've had this two times in two weeks, the problem being that I updated to MP 1.20 and to this driver at the same time.
    I know this is off-topic and I apologize, but I don't want to have to register to NVIDIA forums, they're too focused on gaming and not as knowledgeable as you guys here.;)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did anyone try the latest 399.07 NVIDIA driver and would you by chance have also encountered "video scheduler internal error" BSoDs when coming out of S3 sleep while MP is running?
    Interesting, I use an AMD GPU and ran into a very intermittent sleep problem with MP 1.20 and GPU driver 18.5.1 (Latest WHGL version), in my case it seemed to go into a black screen OS hang on going into sleep from MP, it was not possible to get to Task Manager and the only way out was the power button. Fixed it with the 18.7.1 beta version which looks very good but a more recent 18.8.2 version won't play 3D.:rolleyes: With GPU drivers you pays yer money and takes yer choice.;)
    I know this is off-topic and I apologize, but I don't want to have to register to NVIDIA forums, they're too focused on gaming and not as knowledgeable as you guys here.;)
    Same on the AMD forums, very volatile and gaming focused. :p

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks, interesting but worrying. :rolleyes:
    I've switched to the previous NVIDIA driver, I'll see if that happens again. :whistle:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It looks like the 3D problems I am having with the latest AMD video drivers (18.8.2 and 18.9.1) seem to be a compatibility issue with MP 1.20. Although everything works fine with the older 18.7.1 version, the newer drivers play 3D without problem using MPC-HC (same LAV as MP) or PowerDVD 18. Also I found that if MP is in windowed mode when I start 3D playback it works and I can even toggle to fullscreen but it will fail again on pause and play, (in fullscreen). There is a slight difference in the failure symptoms with the 2 versions 18.8.2 goes into a black screen hang same with 18.9.1 except the audio plays for a while. I have gone back to the working driver but if needed I do have logs from the tests I ran.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom