Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey :)
    I have maybe found the culprit lol, I was using async tuning here and then without this option, I was able to reproduce it.
    So attached is a bin for you guys to test :)

Attachments

• Core_v484.zip
      1.1 MB

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wondered where the hell that option is:sneaky:
    but so back to tv and hdr, nothing's changed on my side. still as in my last video. :p
    if i want to switch from hdr to sdr and so deactivate hdr to have the correct sdr colors again.. that only works with the second zap or tuner change.
    used settings:
    Screenshot (502).png mepo-start_resume defaults.PNG

Last edited:

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi seb,
    on my htpc there's a new damn side effect with tv zap and the new 484 core:p
    prob is that i have a much longer switching time especially when changing the tuner... e.g. when i zap channels on different tuners, part of the sound of the currently tuned station is played with a short interruption without a picture before switching to the new station.
    reverted back to v483 and instantly fast again:) so do you have any idea what it may is?:p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So you mean the delay is present when madVR is used all along?
    Also with the option for EVR for LiveTV with madVR?
    And when used EVR all along too?
    :)

The code introduces in V484 is only executed when we use madVR as video renderer and the EVR for LiveTV and not for the other mode, so this is strange if it happens for EVR (video renderer settings) or with madVR only.

C#:
            // Check if need to set EVR for LiveTV when using madVR
            if (UseMadVideoRenderer)
            {
              if (UseEVRMadVRForTV && g_Player.IsTimeShifting)
              {
                GUIGraphicsContext.VideoRenderer = GUIGraphicsContext.VideoRendererType.EVR;
                // Keep current RenderTarget to trying to restore D3D GUI from madVR but release it if already init previously
                if (GUIGraphicsContext.MadVrRenderTargetVmr9 != null && !GUIGraphicsContext.MadVrRenderTargetVmr9.Disposed)
                {
                  GUIGraphicsContext.DX9Device?.SetRenderTarget(0, GUIGraphicsContext.MadVrRenderTargetVmr9);
                  GUIGraphicsContext.MadVrRenderTargetVmr9.Dispose();
                  GUIGraphicsContext.MadVrRenderTargetVmr9 = null;
                }
              }
              else

That part :
    C#:
                if (GUIGraphicsContext.MadVrRenderTargetVmr9 != null && !GUIGraphicsContext.MadVrRenderTargetVmr9.Disposed)
                {
                  GUIGraphicsContext.DX9Device?.SetRenderTarget(0, GUIGraphicsContext.MadVrRenderTargetVmr9);
                  GUIGraphicsContext.MadVrRenderTargetVmr9.Dispose();
                  GUIGraphicsContext.MadVrRenderTargetVmr9 = null;
                }

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom