[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (7 Viewers)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi guys, slowly but surely hdr is also coming to tv stations in europa...
    at the moment arte is broadcasting on two astra 19.2 frequencies (one in hdr10 and one hlg) and in france i even read about one dvb-t 2hbb.
    http://servicepresse.arte.tv/nouveau-test-technique-grandeur-nature-en-uhdhdr/
    "arte UHD" startet Ultra HD & HDR-Tests
    already watched it a bit yesterday...i guess that the french program will be broadcasted mostly and there will be upscaled contents as well as real 4k contents shown (they really stand out...) but i would be very interested, if it also works for you guys;) on that hdr10 channel and especially what happens if you switch back to a non hdr channel....:whistle::LOL::coffee:

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    nice that it works well so far for you guys too:)

my htpc is not compatible dvbt2
    with dvb-s the 4k selection is bigger but only 2 with hdr10 of which i know so far UHD TV Sender Übersicht - Ultra HD per Satellit

my 1050Ti it stutter,
    guess u had it on automatically or sdr (by the way, the next madvr version will bring huge hdr to sdr improvements:whistle:)
    tried EVR with hdr enabled some time ago. it didn't work properly but that doesn't really surprise me:p
    to easily test this, just set madvr like this. as if you have hdr and just want to output it as it is
    madvr 4k hdr.PNG
    but still, what does not work on my side is that hdr auto deactivates when i switch back to a regular channel with no hdr. unfortunately it still remains on... see attached vid:p:coffee:

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

I can't reproduce the same but I have update madVR on HTPC to .16 and now I didn't get stuttering too :p
    So I'm hoping too that HDR to SDR will work too, like this I can keep some of my UHD video to be played on my current setup Full HD beamer :)

grabi_2001

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2009
    in den Alpen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good morning Sebastiii,
    but the problem with live TV in conjunction EVR, start from a movie with MadVR .16, which is then the screen is black, is still present.

If TV is started with MadVR, it only works in LAV with DXVA2 Copy Back set. with D3D11 it does not work, then the TV picture stands.

To HDR to SDR I can not say anything, use "passthrough HDR" where I have the subjective impression that with the verse .16 MadVR the picture is much darker. In the .14 the picture in HDR brighter somehow, but I can also be wrong.
    Greetings Dirk

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Strange that it just works for you...lucky seb :) Which Nvidia driver are you currently using?
    Dx11 is still not really suitable for television because of the lack of deinterlacing ... but true that option evr tv mode just for TV is still a bit broken. :)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, so let's try to compare settings :)
    Those one's works :p

upload_2018-9-23_12-27-6.png

upload_2018-9-23_12-27-31.png

upload_2018-9-23_12-27-47.png

upload_2018-9-23_12-28-5.png

upload_2018-9-23_12-28-13.png

Edit: Added video :)

Attachments

• MediaPortal - Videos 2018-09-23 12-41-21.zip
      29.6 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom