[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (8 Viewers)

grabi_2001

Portal Pro
May 8, 2009
in den Alpen
Home Country
Germany Germany
With the nightly version, the zapping between the TV channels and D3D11 already works, only from the current movie to TV life switching as described does not work. Not with the others, DXVA copy back and DXVA2 either.

Maybe I'm stupid too

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With the nightly version, the zapping between the TV channels and D3D11 already works
    Thanks for that I will give it a try.
    @grabi_2001 Please be aware that my post concerning the release of LAV 0,72 was for general information and was in no way intended to be a suggestion/response to you on the issue you have currently raised here, sorry if you took it that way ref:-
    Maybe I'm stupid too
    Which I take exception to.;)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With the nightly version, the zapping between the TV channels and D3D11 already work
    I have tried the nightly version 0.72.0.3 but changing TV channels when using D3D11 and Madvr is still not working for me.:( Which version did you mean?
    I had understood the D3D11 TV zapping problem was a Madvr issue, not yet fixed in 0.92.14 but maybe I'm wrong and or stupid too.:p

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    For my part I'm staying away from D3D11 decoding until madshi finally implements hardware deinterlacing with Native mode.
    Does D3D11 Copy-Back (i.e. selecting a GPU manually in LAV) work better than DXVA2 Copy-Back on your systems? o_O

grabi_2001

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2009
    in den Alpen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Sebastiii,
    Give me some time, I'll be on my way ...
    When I'm back home I test it.

@joecrow:
    version 72.03, but do not get me wrong, I use the EVR for TV and for MadVR for movies.
    But I've tested it, you're right, with D3D11 does not zap in your configuration, with me either.
    It seems to work with DXVA2 copy back.

For me, the screen is black from the current movie with MadVR in Live TV with EVR.version 72.03, but do not get me wrong, I use the EVR for TV and for MadVR for movies.
    But I've tested it, you're right, with D3D11 does not zap in your configuration, with me either.
    It seems to work with DXVA2 copy back.

For me, the screen is black from the current movie with MadVR in Live TV with EVR.

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I can confirm and reproduce @grabi_2001 problem: enable "Use EVR for Live TV" in MP's madVR options; play file in Videos (tried with mkv and ts); go to TV and start Live TV; screen becomes black with sound only.
    Workaround: switching MP to windowed mode with Alt+Enter shows the EVR Live TV image again, and if I then switch back to full screen again then the image stays.

However, starting TV when no video is playing successfully shows the EVR TV image directly. The problem only happens in the specific case where a file is currently playing from Videos when starting Live TV.

I use LAV 0.72.0-3 in DXVA2 Copy-Back (but I usually use madVR for Live TV).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom