[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (11 Viewers)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where can I find this madvr rate switch ?

Ok you mean refresh rate in madvr instead of mediaportal ?
    yap, disable it in mepo and try it like that in madVR

modes.png

Me too i'm lost will all the version, so i know for sure that i have display the EPG like before when no madVR instance running but if it's running that overlay are skipped otherwise it flicker at max (at least here).
    About the infogui, this is a dll (V82) to test :) is better ok now (at least like before)
    played a bit with v82
    infogui back on autozap is still disappearing after the second zap,
    even with evr :confused:, second pic is v1.15 pre just to be sure it should still exist :)
    10-58-17.png 11-59-48.png

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    i just want to add that my issue is with EVR to above v54. So I doubt that using the rate with madvr will solve the issue.

Even MPC-HC with EVR or madvr dropped frame in 24p when I install MP above v54.

If it's an earlier version, everyhing is smooth everywhere.

Really strange.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    i just want to add that my issue is with EVR to above v54. So I doubt that using the rate with madvr will solve the issue.

Even MPC-HC with EVR or madvr dropped frame in 24p when I install MP above v54.

If it's an earlier version, everyhing is smooth everywhere.

Really strange.

I think MP is doing something to madVR. kilik360 have you tried restarting machine, not running MP then trying MPC-HC? It surely must be a 'state' that MP is creating in madVR?

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yep I've try everything, even update graphic cards the first time the issue appeared, I had no clue how to solve this bug until I restore to an earlier time. Then i knew it was an MP v.57 & up bug.

thanks ken.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello All.

On last 2 days I have no Idea about what you all are talking about... too much level for me...:(

I'm on V75+ 2GB core and strange crash on TV zap happened (almost none on 2 days). I was changing from TV channels and changing from channel A to B. Ssudenly crashed (freezed) but the strange thing is that OSD zap freezed on channel Z (not A not B)... Z (strange isn't it?) I've an image captured. TV server was timeshift at channel B, but mp freezes at OSD channel Z. Had to kill MP.

Here are collection of log. Wasn't on Whatch dog first option
    Edit: freeze around 13:20 hours

May be can help in any way for the problem we are facing now

Attachments

• crash.png
      crash.png
      232.6 KB
    Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Yep I've try everything, even update graphic cards the first time the issue appeared, I had no clue how to solve this bug until I restore to an earlier time. Then i knew it was an MP v.57 & up bug.

thanks ken.
    But what you're saying is impossible, when madVR + MPC-HC, there is no Mediaportal. So if you start the machine without running MP at startup and run up MPC-HC, the MP version should not have had an affect.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

thanks ken.
    But what you're saying is impossible, when madVR + MPC-HC, there is no Mediaportal. So if you start the machine without running MP at startup and run up MPC-HC, the MP version should not have had an affect.

Ok I understand your request, Ill try this evening. I've never try to launch MPC-HC instead of MP first from fresh start. Thanks for the idea. But why does it breaks 24p with EVR to ? That is wierd.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England

thanks ken.

Ok I understand your request, Ill try this evening. I've never try to launch MPC-HC instead of MP first from fresh start. Thanks for the idea. But why does it breaks 24p with EVR to ? That is wierd.

I think MP is sending some GUI thing to the renderer, which remains with it until either full madVR restart or machine restart. Seb, would you agree? It might also explain why a lot of my MP + madVR experience recently appears to show rendering times that are almost exactly the refresh rate (unless amusingly I bring the info bar up, which reduces processing by about 80%!)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    82 testing results from me:
    - Still getting huge madVR error (black screen with error) on a regular basis, usually channel change
    - Rendering stats can be wildly different for the exact same content, just by stopping/starting. Stopping/starting SD interlaced gives different value with my settings on the same content:
    - 8.5ms (not so hot looking, I think picture is being degraded)
    - 9.5ms (looks fine)
    - 20ms (looks fine, suspiciously the same as framerate)

Gone back to 75 + 2GB MP for the moment, haven't replicated the black screen error so I think that's new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom