[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (6 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have a suspicion that most recent NVIDIA driver not good for madVR. That could be the reason for strange behaviour last night. Still testing...

We need to reproduce the crash on OSDService from dshowhelper (debug dll) and get the callstack of the crash, i can't reproduce it :(
    So need help :) @kenwonders you are able to reproduce it easily ?

I will post bin asap :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    You mean the channel zap bug? Sure :)

I am back at 362 nvidia, but after a restart madVR still crashed. Unsure why but doing the exact same thing again didnt produce the crash.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

I am back at 362 nvidia, but after a restart madVR still crashed. Unsure why but doing the exact same thing again didnt produce the crash.

Yep, (when it freeze on OSDService), so you need to build from source, i just push the branch and attached is the one i have build.
    In fact when MP freeze, we need to attach VS2013 (from filter solution) on it (debug and select only native) :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    found a new gui behaviour on autozap, the infogui backround disappears (i think it has not enough time to appear?)
    View attachment 179210
    no bug for me in fact i really like it a lot better than before ^^ , normal zaps are unaffected only quick ones.

Yep, there is a change to not render overlay button for TVGuide -> it fix the flicker but introduce strange display, i can put it back original code but it will flicker too after that :)
    please, put it back original code. if epg is fully operational its really bright, please reduce the eyestrain
    View attachment 179215
    best comment from my audience:
    wtf old man why u have bright neodisco colors on the epg, poor eyesight or need some glasses? damn kids^^

Me too i'm lost will all the version, so i know for sure that i have display the EPG like before when no madVR instance running but if it's running that overlay are skipped otherwise it flicker at max (at least here).

About the infogui, this is a dll (V82) to test :) is better ok now (at least like before)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England

Yep, (when it freeze on OSDService), so you need to build from source, i just push the branch and attached is the one i have build.
    In fact when MP freeze, we need to attach VS2013 (from filter solution) on it (debug and select only native) :)
    Dev setup on VM in other room, so this will be fun :)[DOUBLEPOST=1464199039][/DOUBLEPOST]Unable to play error for these :(

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep :) for me i will do like this :
    Copy dll+pdb on live MP and start remote debugger and when the crash happen we connect VS to Live MP to get the callstack, but like it's a debug c++ filter, i'm pretty it will not run because we didn't have debug dll on live machine, i didn't succeed to make the debug filter (even if i copy the VC redist 2015 dll in system32/64.

Or the other way will be to build dll+pdb for release filter like i have done for @The_Stig (i have revert the commit but we can use that maybe) :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Good it seems to works (attached is dshowhelper release dll/pdb) and we can attach vs on it (remote debugger or not) :) i just pushed source too, from my experience, better to build filter on your own but maybe it's ok to use that bin :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    A the moment the issue I'm creating is the black screen madVR red text error (creating device). Shall I go back to yesterday core for the behaviour we're after?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep we need to reproduce the freeze, just to be sure you can get the callstack, are you able to set a BP to that line (for ex) :

pOsdServices->OsdSetRenderCallback("MP-GUI", nullptr, nullptr);

Attach VS on MP and when you are doing the stop, does VS break on the BP ?
    If yes we are sure that when the freeze happen, we will get the callstack :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Ok a couple of jobs to do here then I'll have a play.

EDIT: Starting now, couldn't get to the TV :) Going to try attach with bp without full mp remote to see if I can get a trigger.

EDIT2: Bloody Chelsea flower show finishes at 9 :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom