[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (3 Viewers)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have just tested, it works except doesn't return to MP after the video or TV. The Shift1 menu doesn't seem to be populated either. I'll grab some logs..actual playback seemed fine, once I set a reasonable madVR config.

Same thing, after I end a video i just get a blackscreen. Even if i start the video again (just pressing ok), i get sound but blackscreen. Have to restart MP then. Shift1 was one of the first things i tried aswell, but well nothing much there.
    Something else i noticed, everything is quite sluggish. If i have a video running and press the button that gets me back to the menu (video keeps playing) it takes a while and is quite laggy.
    And Ambilight doesnt work again. But i havent investigated that further yet. Just mentioned it for the record.

Will play with it a bit more and then will add logs if they are of interest.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The Shift1 menu doesn't seem to be populated either.
    Try Ctrl + J ;)

Same thing, after I end a video i just get a blackscreen.
    Same thing for me, this seems to be the 'biggest' issue at the moment.
    Alternatively it would return to the GUI, but that would be flickering hard and showing the last 'popup' (in this case the question if i wanted to resume). Navigation seems possible, but the correct window isn't showing on screen.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    upload_2016-3-21_19-4-17.png

This is the stats i'm getting, it's on .TS, i can see a quick blackscreen but MP is back 1 or 2 sec after that :)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    madvr finally, big thx seb

first two test runs i had the blackscreen problem too, after that i switched on the watchdog but no log luck^^
    it runs flawless, no stop-blackscreen problem on .ts or videofiles,less menu lag pretty nice. strange kind of bug maybe related to plugins or skin idk.
    time to enjoy ;)
    btw. madVR v0.90.13

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    The Shift1 menu doesn't seem to be populated either.
    Try Ctrl + J ;)

Same thing, after I end a video i just get a blackscreen.
    Same thing for me, this seems to be the 'biggest' issue at the moment.
    Alternatively it would return to the GUI, but that would be flickering hard and showing the last 'popup' (in this case the question if i wanted to resume). Navigation seems possible, but the correct window isn't showing on screen.

The same issue is here. :(

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Same issues here. I also woneder if my cpu/apu is not strong enough. Even old sd poirot episode sutters. Cpu usage was only 20% so thats wreid. Mad settings was quite minimal. At some point it might be a goid idea to share mad settings so that testing results are comparable.
    Br,

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    First issue - (MP windowed) Video Black Screen when the Screen is not the one selected as default in config.

-Testing requierement :
    System with 2 screen. ( SC1 and SC2)

-Configuration :
    set MP to start on SC1

-Step :
    Run MP. (MP will be in Fullscreen on SC1)
    resize MP to windowed mode
    move it to SC2.

Stop MP

Run MP again, ( MP will be back on SC2. with previous size " restore size and position ")
    start TV ( or vidéo, but tested on Live TV )
    you can hear sound but no vidéo. the frame keep black.

-Solving step :
    Set SC2 in configuration as default screen for run MP

sorry no log, but i think the step is easy to follow.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just tested and not getting a black screen after playback, also UI feels snappy as well during playback :)
    Issues I've noticed so far:

- Sometimes when restoring from tray when video is paused and returning it will hang with only option to restart Mediaportal forcefully.
    - When stopping 24p video playback (Daredevil used for test) sometimes it will keep on trying to resume the current video (popup dialog for "resume on"showing up but nothing actually done) with no option to cancel other than restarting Mediaportal forcefully.

Below are my madVR settings where I kept most default except those, not using the latest MadVR version yet as this one works perfectly with Zoom Player.
    AtmoLight isn't working like @Lightning303 mentioned which is a bummer but otherwise good stuff :D
    Btw here's a good MadVR guide:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MadVR_Expert_Guide

madvr1.PNG

madvr2.PNG

madvr3.PNG

madvr4.PNG

Tested on:

GPU: Nvidia GTX970
    Drivers: 362.00

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom