[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (15 Viewers)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks @Sebastiii , in v127 I can't replicate audio loop issue, I haven't looked at 3d yet today, but tbh every time I try something 'clever' with 3d (such as playing new without stopping old) fails in a different way.

Also, I remember getting the 'mouse wiggle' bug with PowerDVD 15 before I gave up on it last year!

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I didn't really, it's one of the reasons I'm here helping get this method working instead :)

Seriously, after spending a load of money it never worked reliably and meant I had to learn AutoIT to do the 3d enabling manually. My experience today using MKV with madVR in MPC-HC or MP suggests much of this issue is driver related. Would love it if @Sebastiii can sprinkle some magic dust on it, but there maybe nothing that can be done.

One thing that improved PowerDVD (making it work at all in cinema mode) was to revert back to some much older driver version, but I can't remember which one :)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I didn't really, it's one of the reasons I'm here helping get this method working instead :)

Seriously, after spending a load of money it never worked reliably and meant I had to learn AutoIT to do the 3d enabling manually. My experience today using MKV with madVR in MPC-HC or MP suggests much of this issue is driver related. Would love it if @Sebastiii can sprinkle some magic dust on it, but there maybe nothing that can be done.

One thing that improved PowerDVD (making it work at all in cinema mode) was to revert back to some much older driver version, but I can't remember which one :)

I couldn't agree more, it is driver related, my experience with various drivers for various GPUs is absolutely negative, that being said tho @alexdepalma if i were u and had the chance of replacing my NVidia to an AMD i would go for it, no human being needs to suffer for 2 weeks to get 3D playing reliably, and no, it is not MP to blame, after having a glimpse at madVR thread on doom9 i see that 3D had, apparently still has and always in my opinion, will have issues in the near future. And it is not only 3D, NVidia has a bad hardware deinterlacer, does the worst fps matching, skylake can do 23.976, AMD does 23.977, NVidia 23.972. Yes u can create custom resolutions to fix the fps issues but why someone should dedicate time into something that is working for the same amount of money on another manufacturer?

My last NVidia GPU was ION and i made a promise to myself, never again NVidia, up to this day i don't regret this decision.

All this is my personal opinion and i am not implying that it is one everyone should agree to.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using an GTX970. :) I really like the fact that movies are displayed in 60fps. Much more smoothness! But the question was if I can use it in combination with Madvr..
    Yes. I've used svp with madvr before. I preferred madvr's smooth motion to svp as it used way less gpu resources.

Where can I find the smooth motion settings for Madvr? Can't find it!

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Where can I find the smooth motion settings for Madvr? Can't find it!

Untitled.jpg

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hey :)
    @alexdepalma worth a try ? :)
    Test done without success. V4 mouse is doing as usual in V4 no mouse, i cant move the mouse so cant recover 3D.
    @kenwonders @Kotik
    I partially agree with you both.
    Mouse 3D deactivation may be driver related, but in my computer MPC-CH always start 3D MVC in 3D. In MP, no (some times only first video after computer restart).
    In MPC, mouse movement temporaly deactivates 3D and then it is auto recovered. Annoying but temporary (no big deal).
    The goal is to make MP properly display 3D on video start. If we make it, the fact of moving mouse will be a minor thing.

In windowed mode MP, MadVr and nvidia work perfect, so only fullscreen pending.

And just as a reminder, in full screeen, and Exclusive mode, Nvidia works perfect.

Big thanks Seb and all of you.

In my opinion: MadvR is in a good point to include as experimental in MP1.15 final and include a lot of more setup variable to test from the community.
    Ill keep the option of use EVR for TV (low end graphics will need) and some basic setting on Nvidia, Radeon and Intel to start with. IMO many people will use this port only for 3D interest, untill they discover Madvr potential.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have added a full installer in first post (should be equal as V4 mouse)
    Also did you have one screen only ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have a couple of idea to test :)

Attachments

• Core_TEST_3D_V5_Detect_screen.zip
      1.1 MB