[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (5 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yeah, it seems to not work, and you right it was working with EVR custom from MP.
    So to be able to make it works, it's needed to communicate with madVR, so it will not be done like madVR is closed source and need dev who can work on it (C++ source) and Tourettes is not here anymore and Owlsroost seems to not be active too.

So the short answer will be no, I fear :(

Why you didn't use DRR ? It was the best to sync video with display

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I understand, thanks for the check anyway Sebastiii.

Yes, and madshi also is really busy with his Envy appliance now so I doubt he would have time to look into something like that too.

My problem is not the matching of source and display rate, but dropped/repeated frames due to not precise display timings. Apparently NVIDIA solved it for 2160p, but with 1080p it's still not great. People have had success with Custom Resolution Utility but each time I tried it there were issues after driver or OS updates etc. I also have wireless headphones and when I switch to them instead of HDMI out, the clock sync is even worse. With ReClock it's "just set it and forget it", I never get any dropped frame ever in any situation.
    Also I watch a lot of movies off TV and sometimes old DVDs I own, and I like to do the 25p to 24p speed down. My TV has really bad 50 Hz mode and on most film content converted to 50 Hz the pitch is still not correct.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    Because now, I have a good graphic card on my HTPC, I use madVR instead of EVR (even for LiveTV).
    Picture quality is wonderfull ! :cool:

IMG_20221015_073817.jpg

Big THX to @Sebastiii to make it possible.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    hmmm, tried a bit.
    LiveTV need to be with eVR otherwise, we loose comskip benefit, for example.
    Something I found (don't know if it's something wrong on my side).
    With EVR :

zz1.png

With madVR :

zz2.png

Investigation with Auto3D plugin wich seems to give problems...

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    After many tests, I reverted back to old config.
    Best way (for me) is EVR + DRR + ViewModeSwitcher.
    Less headache, no jerks, etc...
    The only disappointment is Auto3D plugin give too much errors in the logs, then, need to program 3D TV manually with remote :(

zz1.png

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The only disappointment is Auto3D plugin give too much errors in the logs, then, need to program 3D TV manually with remote :(
    Are you sure you need the Auto3D plugin? With MadVR and the LAV 3D download my TV is set up to switch to 3D mode automatically for BD frame packed 3D and I believe it wil also do so for SBS and top bottom although I no longer have any of that format to check it, I do use an AMD GPU. I believe the current drivers for Nvidia GPUs no longer support 3D and based on my experience even the older ones were really flaky.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Auto3D would be for "CTRL+D" keyboard using.
    Both Auto3D and MadVR are not able to switch automatically my TV but "CTRL+D" did the trick.
    Using Auto3D for playing fullscreen video give black screen for me. (errors that mediainfo blabla... not found...)
    I just removed MadVR, don't know if there is a conflict with sonic studio (ASUS give a good audio enhancement with that) or, if conflict with AMD Adrenalin driver.
    Then know, sometimes, when I sleep PC, no sleep because MP is closed (MP crash, sonic crash, AMD crash ?) without errors log, don't know why for the moment.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    After many install, uninstall, reinstall during 3 days (what a pain), I finally found the culprit.
    Nothing related with MadVR...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom