Manually add from DVD-version? (Firefly) (1 Viewer)

Wigash

February 7, 2009
Home Country
Poland Poland
Have you tried deleting Firefly from the configuration menu and re-importing? It should ask you if you want the Aired or DVD ordering.

I have the same problem as others, but I will not mess up with that database file since it works for bigbew.

bigbew can you once more explain how you did it :confused:

Does the plugin recognize your Firefly series at the begining? I was changing the episode names couple times and it didn't recognize single one.

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had a hard time with this one too, but the way I did it was naming my files in the correct order. What I did was name each file in this format - <name>.SE01.EP01.ext. I named my first file Firefly.SE01.EP01-EP01.mkv (I had to name it like this for some reason so the rest of the files would add in the correct order as they were not at first - the first file was a two parter for the Serenity episode, but naming it just EP01 screwed it up, so I had to put EP01-EP01, not sure why this worked), then Firefly.SE01.EP02.mkv, and so on.

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If it's anything like the problem I had with the "Voices in the Dark" episodes from Babylon 5 series it's due to the DVD order having a decimal point in the DVD number for those episodes (ie Voices in the Dark are 25.1 and 25.2) which I notice Serenity episodes have also (ie 1.1 and 1.2).

I think TV Series maybe trying to interpret this as an int which fails and leaves it with an episode number of 0 for any DVD episode with a non 0 decimal point in it's number.

In my case, naming the file as episode 0 worked.

bigbew

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 7, 2008
    Sunderland
    Home Country
    England England
    Have you tried deleting Firefly from the configuration menu and re-importing? It should ask you if you want the Aired or DVD ordering.

I have the same problem as others, but I will not mess up with that database file since it works for bigbew.

bigbew can you once more explain how you did it :confused:

Does the plugin recognize your Firefly series at the begining? I was changing the episode names couple times and it didn't recognize single one.

To be honest it worked for me first time. I had to name them all manually though.

Incase you still wanna delete it simply go into the TV-Series config and right click on Firefly then press delete. Then click import and it will notice there are new files (Firefly). It should ask if you want the Aired or DVD order.

Hope this helps!

Wigash

February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    "fēng diān ér mǔn iú" - that could Jane said if he tried to solve this.
    Once I parse all episodes (no red underline!), then I started to import. Program asked me to choose order, and complete the import.
    Unfortunately it didn't download the media (baners, and so on):mad:. So I tried to match episodes manually, by the name of the episode. When I matched them it shows up that I matched the aired order, so Serenity goes to seson 0, and so on.
    I deleted the series, and try to import again, but now it doesnt work anymore :eek:
    I will fight with that again tomorrow. Probably erease all database is needed :(

Of course at the begining I added the line in Parsing Expressions: <series>\<series>.SE<season>.EP<episode>.<title>.<ext>
    for the name of the files like in this example: Firefly\Firefly.SE01.EP01.LONG_NAME.avi

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    To be honest it worked for me first time. I had to name them all manually though.

Incase you still wanna delete it simply go into the TV-Series config and right click on Firefly then press delete. Then click import and it will notice there are new files (Firefly). It should ask if you want the Aired or DVD order.

Hope this helps!

The issue is, even when you pick DVD order, if you have to manually add anything it leaves out, it will only let you add it according to the aired order (at least, that was the issue for me). So you have to name your files in a way that will force it to properly add all the episodes automatically when you choose DVD order. This was also an issue for me with the Futurama episodes - Aired version thinks there are 5 seasons, while DVD order is 4 (and DVD one is correct), so I had to name the episodes in a way that would allow it to add them automatically in DVD order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom