Manually add from DVD-version? (Firefly) (1 Viewer)

bt86bt

Portal Pro
December 30, 2008
Lund
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
bigbew - first off, what skin are you using?? Because that is downright amazing!! I need one that also works with moving pictures, though.

Secondly, could it be the fact that you named the episodes in the mkvs? I may try that out...

Yep - if you input the names in the title yourself, it works! I had to add the parsing to make it match, but other than that no problems now! Still wondering about that skin though bigbew!

I think I got the exact same names as the example now but still does not seem to get the info to be added? Hmm maybe somebody have some advice? I am gonna try more tomrrow...

bigbew

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 7, 2008
    Sunderland
    Home Country
    England England
    Have you tried deleting Firefly from the configuration menu and re-importing? It should ask you if you want the Aired or DVD ordering.

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes I have, and it does ask for aired/dvd. Now I have only tried DVD, which adds no information or images, but have not tried if this is the same with the aired version. (And I am still using the latest svn version). It is all very strange. And I have no custom strings or anything like that either.

But as I said, I am gonna try more things torrmow after work/study.

Patrick-Mav

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

was hit today with the same problem, because I just finished downloading the Firefly series. Whatever I named it or tried to manually import it, the Serenity-pilot always got messed up. After finding this thread, I gave up fiddling with the importer and opened the "TVSeriesDatabase4.db3" file manually. After changing all fields concerning this episode with the details from thetvdb, it turned out exactly as needed.

For manually editing the database files, I was always happy with Firefox using the "SQLite Manager" extension. I changed the EpisodeID accordingly, so I hope, those manual changes will survive the next database update.

attachment.php

HTH
    Rgds
    Patrick

Attachments

• screen_ff_ju.jpg
      screen_ff_ju.jpg
      104.6 KB

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi there,

was hit today with the same problem, because I just finished downloading the Firefly series. Whatever I named it or tried to manually import it, the Serenity-pilot always got messed up. After finding this thread, I gave up fiddling with the importer and opened the "TVSeriesDatabase4.db3" file manually. After changing all fields concerning this episode with the details from thetvdb, it turned out exactly as needed.

For manually editing the database files, I was always happy with Firefox using the "SQLite Manager" extension. I changed the EpisodeID accordingly, so I hope, those manual changes will survive the next database update.

HTH
    Rgds
    Patrick

Whao, nice idea. I will go ahead and try this (since the dvd-fix in the newest version did not to the trick).

Complicated work-around but since this is the only show with dvd-order I guess it will be fine.

Patrick-Mav

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Complicated work-around but since this is the only show with dvd-order I guess it will be fine.
    That's exactly true. I imported ~1.300 Episodes so far with 100% success. This was the first episode which required such a manual procedure.
    Cheers
    Patrick

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Seems I can't get it to work. I will attach a screenshot since I dont know where to edit information? First I add Firefly as dvd-order in the plugin, then I go into the database, what should I do now?

I could use aired-order, then I get all the pictures and info, and then edit the database to match the dvd-order of episodes maybe. But since there is a double episode (ep1-2) that won't work too.

I should also note that I am right now using version v2.1.3331 (have not tried latest svn since it mentions no change to dvd-series in changelog). (Also just as a note, I also use the skin black/white 1080, awesome skin).

attachment.php

Attachments

• firefly-sqlite.jpg
      firefly-sqlite.jpg
      332.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom