Manually add from DVD-version? (Firefly) (1 Viewer)

bt86bt

Portal Pro
December 30, 2008
Lund
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi

I got a problem with v 2.0. I want to add some episodes manually but when I got the suggestion for my show (Firefly) I can only add from the aired list, which is one of the things Firefly is famous for, that the aired-list is a complete disaster.

Anyway, is there any way to add manually from the dvd-aired version?

Or maybe someone can help me why the plugin does not add my firefly episodes?
Folder:
Firefly.S01.1080p.DTS.x264-CtrlHD
Episodes:
Firefly.S01E01.1080p.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv
Firefly.S01E02.1080p.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv
Firefly.S01E03.1080p.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv
etc.

When I change to aired-version it adds the info, but of course it gets wrong info for the wrong file.

Please help me.

EDIT 1: I have read up on this problem and see that there is a known problem with the DVD-order. I will try the test-version of the plugin and come back with more updates.

EDIT 2: Nope, still got the same problem with the new version.

Edit 3: I managed to take some screenshots of the problem, Notice that Serenity (the first episde) is not first, because it is the aired-order. What I want is somehow to get the DVD-order in the second picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot of Media Haven1.png
    Screenshot of Media Haven1.png
    70.9 KB
  • Screenshot of Media Haven2.png
    Screenshot of Media Haven2.png
    20.5 KB

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
wait wait, what's the problem here? I'm pretty sure I manually added firefly with My TVSeries and it worked alright... but there's a problem with the listing you say?

bt86bt

Portal Pro
December 30, 2008
Lund
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yes, I can only add from a list of the aired-order.

So for example the first episode is The Train Job, when it should be Serenity.

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Hmmm... so the DVD is very different than the aired eps? Why is this, and what are the differences? I didn't know that.

bt86bt

Portal Pro
December 30, 2008
Lund
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yeah, because Fox completely screwed the airing of Firefly. In short they aired the first episode, the pilot (where all the characters are eplained) last. Then they canceled it mid-season before airing the last episode of that season. Reslut beeing that all the episodes are in the absolute wrong order of how they were intended. And many things are very odd about the aired-version of the show. For example you dont know untill the last episode how they all meet, and who they are. Suprising that you did not notice that when you watched it, but guess you watched the right order maybe.

Read more here: List of Firefly episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I managed to take some screenshots of the problem, I will add them to this post and the first. Notice that Serenity (the first episde) is not first, because it is the aired-order. What I want is somehow to get the DVD-order in the second picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot of Media Haven1.png
    Screenshot of Media Haven1.png
    70.9 KB
  • Screenshot of Media Haven2.png
    Screenshot of Media Haven2.png
    20.5 KB

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Yep you're right, I also get this problem.... crap!

Hey, check this out. At the online database that the plugin uses, on the firefly page, you can change between "aired order" and "DVD order." Here's DVD order:

Firefly: Season 1 Episode List

now...how to get that into MyTVSERIES ... ?? Anyone? haha

bt86bt

Portal Pro
December 30, 2008
Lund
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yeah I noticed that too, and the question is as you mentioned how to get the second list in my tvseries.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The only way to get that into TVSeries is get the files correctly parsed, then you can choose DVD order over Air order.

The Manual Episode Importer currently only supports Aired order, you can raise an enhancement request to get DVD Order working in it.

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The only way to get that into TVSeries is get the files correctly parsed, then you can choose DVD order over Air order.

The Manual Episode Importer currently only supports Aired order, you can raise an enhancement request to get DVD Order working in it.

Thanks for suggesting that, I have added it to enhancements.

I guess then we are back to Firefly refusing to add info for the DVD-version. But since that happens to all dvd-versions of all series I am guessing this will be fixed sooner or later. Don't know why the latest beta-version did not fix it for me when it fixed the problem for many other people.

I will keep trying anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom