Maya: Beta release 04-04-10 (Original Thread) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lqpl

Portal Member
March 29, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Nirvana! I would pay for this!
Should be the new standard skin for Mediaportal!

I do not like the icons used for Blue3wide, so I copied
the ones from BleazleWide, like this:

Attachments

• Skin1.jpg
    Skin1.jpg
    33.4 KB

mr_poopyhead

Portal Member
October 30, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
omg.. this looks so slick.

i like fanart just as much as the next guy. but the design in this is so nice, that is speaks for itself. no pictures needed. I LIKE!

i have no coding skills, but i would gladly help test this. hope you can find some help doing xml so that we can see the final product. keep up the good work!

iMse

Portal Pro
February 4, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I am currently using XBMC, but I will get back to MP when this skin is released

mptcs

Portal Member
January 24, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I think you should provide an early pre-alpha - I've never seen such reactions before...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I think you should provide an early pre-alpha - I've never seen such reactions before...

Simplicity is underated nowadays, I guess that is why the Nirvana were so good in their days. Maybe the same aplies to this skin as well :p

J

joostzilla

Thanks all for the great replies. We are still working on the designs. The coding is done by Pilehave, who brought mediastream to MP, and NcoH, who is an experienced modder.
    This skin will be for Mp 1.1.0
    Since a simple skin isnt simple to design we will take our time to make it as professional as we can.
    We will keep you posted.

J

joostzilla

Hi joostzilla

Any news ?

... we are all waiting ... :)

Regards

Progress is steady. We want a couple of new feutures in the skin that are not standard in MP. So our Code Guru Pilehave is busy making this happen. But I can say... its gonna be great. We try to stay as close to the original mockups as possible.
    There is not much new stuff to show in this stage because the most work is in the details and in as i said in the new features.

but keep you eyes on this thread for new mockups :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    but keep you eyes on this thread for new mockups :D

As a quick note, those look really nice but please keep in mind that MP is a HTPC application and small font sizes are quite unusable. At least many of the screen shots have already too small fonts, almost as small as the 10 pixel Windows default font. This is definitely a usability killer. Please take it into consideration that the smallest font size would be much bigger (as the skin itself doesn't seem to have any big usability issues, graphics are nice on the contrast etc.)

2nd issue that popped up is that mini EPG shows only three channels, it will cause lot of scrolling when user tries to look for the specific channel. It would be good if that could be extended to 6 or even 7 rows.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom