mc2xlm not working? (1 Viewer)

Richardd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 16, 2009
    Reusel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A few days now I have no more data in my TV-guide. Is anyone else having this problem? Is something wrong with mc2xlm?

Thanks,
    Richard

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I know that mc2xml needs to be replaced once in a while. Not sure what the reason is, there could be some sort of timestamp or whatever. Download a new version, chances are it will work again.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Can you check if mc2xml actually imports anything by looking directly into the folder where it writes it's file to ? Things will be different from my setup as I'm using it in combination with ForTheRecord, but you could try running mc2xml manually as follows:

Code:
    mc2xml.exe -f-o tvguide.xml

The -f will force a complete update, ignoring all previously downloaded content, the -o part allows you to specify the output file. The see if inside this tvguide.xml you have anything.

Second, you could try (re)moving your mc2xml.dat file which contains your configuration. Something could have gone wrong there.

Last thing I think about, it might simply be the channel mapping that go "corrupted". I noticed that the data I import not only contains the channel name but also some sort of number. If MSN changed these numbers for some reason and you previously had the channel "BBC1" looking for "12345 BBC1" but MSN changed it to "23456 BBC1".... Since I use ForTheRecord I don't remember where to check this.

Richardd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 16, 2009
    Reusel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks again. Running it manually results in tvguide.xml gets updated but it doesn't still appear in MP. Also removing mc2xml.dat removing doesn't get a TVGuide in MP.
    You've helped me a lot already hopely I find the problem myself with your advise.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys,
    This seems to be a general problem caused by the lack of updates on the source (MS). I contacted the maker of mc2xml and this is what he answered:
    Only Microsoft knows the real cause of the delay (which every MS Media Center user is experiencing), but it seems to recur on major US holiday weekends --- Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, ... -- The only solution is to wait and hope someone at MS quickly notices and fixes their servers, as they have always done in the past. North American listings have 14 days of data so it might not have yet been noticed in the US.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I also noticed my mc2xml guide updates stopped working and the last tvguide.xml update was 4/6/12. The windows media center guide "about page" shows Start Date 4/5/12 5pm and End Date 4/19/12 10pm. Looks like this is similar to the problems in late Dec 2011 and we need to wait for Msft to get things working again.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Last night my mc2xml update ran and downloaded new EPG data. I now have data up to April 24. Looks like Msft fixed the problem. My vista WMC EPG has not seen the updates (yet) and still stops at April 19. I guess the WMC EPG will get updated in next day or 2.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I'm still getting "no new data" from source, is anyone else still getting this. I'm using Microsoft legacy service.

Users who are viewing this thread