mce 1280x720 (updated for MP 0.2.3 RC3) (1 Viewer)

Jetboy

Portal Pro
April 15, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Boilermaier: I just want to point out how terrific it is that you keep this skin updated. It's great that I can use your skin with SVN releases even though only the standard BlueTwo is supported for SVN. A lot of us really appreciate your hard work! Thanks!

Jetboy

Portal Pro
April 15, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yesterday I found a bug using the skin in 0.2 final. I know you haven't released a version for 0.2 yet, but anyway: In Movies, on the left hand side menu, if you have the My Trailers plugin enabled, there is a Trailers button at the bottom of the menu. This button cannot be reached with the arrow keys/remote. If you stand on the button above and press down, you go to the top of the menu.

This is only a minor issue as you still have a home/plugins menu entry for this plugin. Take your time and enjoy your holidays!

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    fixed...i've just dowloaded and installed .2. I'll try using it as much as i can thru the weekend and make any updates. If anybody else spots something, now is a good time to let me know.

Any skin files for plugins may have to be updated later...in some cases the skin author my have to update his/her plugin to work with .2. My Lyrics may be an example of this, there was a post in the plugin's thread about it not working with .2. If anybody has a problem with a plugin that i have skinned for, please try it with regular blue two before posting it as a bug here.

Thanks.

Hr. Kvist

Portal Member
    September 10, 2005
    Hi Boilermaker

I'm not sure if this is the issue your're talking about on page one in this thread :

Is it not possible to have the thumbnails for artists/albums in Mymusic in "artist view" like in the original BlueTwo skin?

Thanks for maintaining the best skin for MP

Best regards

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Skin updated for 0.2.0...only a few changes needed (so far) from the release a few weeks ago. I haven't tested it yet with the stability patch released for .2 nor has it been updated for any svn versions yet.

ftp://www.knwd.net/pub/mediaportal/skin/mce1280x720/mce1280x720.zip

Hr. Kvist, the posts from the first page are over a year old..so hopefully i've fixed any problems since then. However, i'll compare the default skins and this one and see if there is a better way to skin what i have.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Hr. Kvist,
    Check out the new mce1280x720 installer....it has user configurable options. One of which is displaying or not displaying icons in a list. Its a universal option, so either all lists will have icons or most won't, but hopefully it will address your suggestion.
    Thanks

Hr. Kvist

Portal Member
    September 10, 2005
    Hi Boilermaker

Top dollar! :) ...and again really good work on those two skins

..i have one question though: View persistence, that is if I choose to view "Icons" and then choose a specific artist (if in My musicmode) the view will shift back to List mode. Is this a skin issue er a code issue?

Best Regards
    Hr. Kvist

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    ..i have one question though: View persistence, that is if I choose to view "Icons" and then choose a specific artist (if in My musicmode) the view will shift back to List mode. Is this a skin issue er a code issue?
    I think it has with MP settings, not directly with the skins. Sometimes it seems like MP remembers which view you were using last in the previous visit to some screens, altho i've never figured out when or why.

You may give this a try: go into the MP config program and under Music (i can't remember exactly where) set your default view from list to icon. Sorry, i'm not in front of my htpc right now so i can't be exact on the location, or even give it a try to see if it would work.

When i get home tonight i'll try it myself and see if it works...and give better instructions if it does.

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

got a little problem:

When I try to navigate between the five buttons, trying to exit mp with the "X" for example, I can only navigate
    to the red shutdown button with my remote ( I'm using MCE remote),
    with my mouse I can press every button.

mp.jpg

Edit:
    This only happens when you first select for example my videos and then go back to home screen.
    When you start mp and stay in the home screen it's working fine.

Mp log:
    http://home.arcor.de/flokel/mplog.txt

Mfg
    Flo

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    i've duplicated the problem exactly as you've described it. It doesn't happen in regular mce, so i copied the home.xml and topbarhome.xml files into this skin and tried it....and i still had the same problem. Which means the problem is somewhere deeper in the skin, but i don't have a clue where to start looking. I double checked the basic home screen, and it doesn't have this error. I did find another error tho, you can't navigate via keyboard/remote to the exit button. Its an easy fix, open basichome.xml in notepad and fix the following:

<control>
    <description>Shutdown button</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>10</id>
    <posX>60</posX>
    <posY>48</posY>
    <width>40</width>
    <height>40</height>
    <textureFocus>button_shutdown_focus.png</textureFocus>
    <textureNoFocus>button_shutdown_nofocus.png</textureNoFocus>
    <label>-</label>
    <action>99</action>
    <onleft>13</onleft> <<<<<change this value to 14>>>>>
    <onright>11</onright>
    <onup>2</onup>
    <ondown>2</ondown>
    </control>

AND

<control>
    <description>basichome button button</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>13</id>
    <posX>195</posX>
    <posY>48</posY>
    <width>40</width>
    <height>40</height>
    <textureFocus>basic_focus.png</textureFocus>
    <textureNoFocus>basic_nofocus.png</textureNoFocus>
    <label>-</label>
    <action>115</action>
    <onleft>12</onleft> <<<<<change this value to 14>>>>>
    <onright>10</onright>
    <onup>12</onup>
    <ondown>2</ondown>
    </control>

I'll keep looking for a fix for the home screen navigation problem and post a solution as soon as i find one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom