mce 1280x720 (updated for MP 0.2.3 RC3) (1 Viewer)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    i have no idea what is going on with mymusicvideo...before i reskin anything, i try it in regular blue two so i can see what it's supposed to look like. With a fresh copy of the new release (.2.0.4), this is what i see:
    musicvideo.jpg

Obviously 4 of the buttons overlap, and none of them do anything. so basically i reskinned something i knew wasn't working, hoping it would work for somebody else. I checked the thread for the plugin, and it seems they are still working some stuff out. I can't even get anything to happen when i go into MP setup and click configuration for the plugin. I'm trying not to use svn versions of mp, so could you pm me the code for the xml file? I'll try reskinning that and see if it helps.

Thanks

surfermc

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    Boilermaker,

Thanks for the update most of the niggles have gone. The only other one I've spotted to date is in the MesFilmDetails. The navigation buttons are overlapping the play button. Also the movement between the navigation button is is bit strange.

Thanks for your efforts
    MC

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    I've spotted to date is in the MesFilmDetails. The navigation buttons are overlapping the play button. Also the movement between the navigation button is is bit strange.
    I'll take a look, i was getting kind of tired of reskinning mesfilms so i used a working version from taipan. Unlike what i had done, his version worked and looked nice, beyond that i haven't really used it.

I've also changed the icon size in the list controls (to a more standard icon size of 32x32 instead of 26x26) and photoshopped the default icons to look decent at that resolution. Stuff like the up arrow, cd disc, folder, etc. Those will be included in the next update along with a fix for mesfilms navigation.

I would like to get mymusicvideos working before updating, but i won't wait beyond the weekend to upload an update.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Boilermaker, :)

this problem appears with old files of the musicvideo plugin.

Use the ones of latest svn in B2.

Then it works ok !

Greetings Harley

(..i have had the same problem with PMIII, after the changes it have work fine. ) :wink:

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    i figured it was fixed in the svn, i'm trying to avoid using svn updates. Too much of a pain when a new patch is released to uninstall MP, reinstall, apply patch, etc. What i'll probably do is download a copy of PMIII, and use your skin fiile as a guide to updating this skin.

One other note, for mes films i've fixed the navigation issues...i've ditched the small first, back, next and last buttons for full sized nav buttons. To me, it fits better, so we'll see what everybody else thinks.

I'm in the process of downloading pmIII now after i rework the file i'll post an update sometime tonight.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Ok, looks like they restored an older version of the forum's database and a couple of posts were lost....anyway, i'm going to upload a new version of the skin monday morning.
    fixes:
    Mesfilms navigation buttons changed/fixed
    updated mymusic videos (need svn version for it to work)
    resized icons in listcontrols
    EDIT:
    Skin uploaded. additional changes/fixes
    Fixed navigation issue in recorded tv/scheduled tv. Previously the arrow in the sort by was not accessible via keyboard/remote
    changed the dimming on icons and filmstrip
    fixed keyboard/remote navigation issue in my trailers

surfermc

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    I have found a problem with the VideoOSD. When the current time exceeds 59:59 then the current time disappears. I guessed this was due to the number being too long. If you increase the posx value to 430 then the current time works atleast for films of 2 hours in duration.:)

Not sure what happens when you get to 9:59:59. Not got a film long enough.;)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    i'll move it over some. Had to do the same thing with the blue two skin. Thought i did it with this one. I'll try posx at 430, all i would need to do is doublecheck that the time doesn't run into something else like a video thumbnail or something.

I think i'll limit testing to recordings of less than 10 hours....

thanks for the heads up.

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    How much work would it be to redo BlueTwo 720p at 1366x768, and would it be worth it? Is it possible to do in some kind of "semi-automatic" fashion?

regards
    Knut Inge

Having gone through all kinds of trouble here in order to get a 1:1 pixel connetion between PC and LCD-tv. To bad to waist that benefit by having MP resample menus ;-)

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    surfermc,
    check my screenshot below...for me it seems to be working. I think what i'm going to do is make the darker blue area on the right designated for the thumbnail smaller, then shift everything over to the right. That way there will be plenty of room and fitting in the time won't be so tight.

ftp://www.knwd.net/pub/mediaportal/skin/mce1280x720/fsvideo.gif
    (yea i know, its not star trek, its a soccer game...i needed imdb info to make sure all the OSD components were displaying properly)

knutinh
    somebody asked me the same thing a while back. A lot of what's to be done on the xml side can be done by editing refernces.xml and the common template files. you can change the size all of the basic things like nav buttons and list control sizes in the reference file. That will fill up your newly created space. At this point you would have a usable skin, but not a good skin. You would need to resize some graphics, how much depends on what you decided to edit in the xml. The hardest part would be the osds...if you left everything as it is, most would look ok, but wouldn't be centered for that resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom