mce 1280x720 (updated for MP 0.2.3 RC3) (7 Viewers)

vbap

Portal Pro
February 15, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Boilermaker said:
It is a bit subtle, and if its too subtle a change would be very simple, so if you have an alternate suggestion let me know.

Hi Bolermaker,
I am not using CVS version of MP, so I am using the last "release" version of the skin (20050717). If I can use the CVS of the skin with 0.1.3.0 MP, then I'll give it a go...

Yes, I noticed that the channel icon is highlighted, but i could only see this when I had a recording on a channel that did not have an icon (in fact, it was the "folder" icon indicating that there was a series recording...). So, in my opinion, it is too subtle. More to the point, my wife thinks it's too subtle and she insisted I ask you to change it! :lol: My suggestion would be to simply highlight the top row.

I also noticed that when FFWD recorded TV program, the time display on the OSD (std OSD, not "ZapOSD") seems to stop at 1:00 hr, then disappear, I have noticed this on 2 recordings. Both recordings were for TV shows that are 1 hour long in the EPG, but with pre/post padding, the actual recording time is ~1:06. As I FFWD through some commercials near the end of the show, I noticed the OSD display 59:54, 59:58, then disappeared! Same thing for other show. I have not tested with any other shows longer than 1 hour, so the behaviour is consistent with "all" shows longer than 1 hour. I hope I have explained myself well enough...! This did not happend with the std. mce skin.

Lastly, the feature that groups series into a folder in RecordedTV - is that a skin feature or part of TV plugin? I have a request, but don't want to bother you if it's not your area.

Thanks,
vbap

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    So, in my opinion, it is too subtle. More to the point, my wife thinks it's too subtle and she insisted I ask you to change it!
    I'm not married but enough of my friends are that I do understand WAF. In the same directory the skin zip file is, i uploaded a new graphic for the highlight. Just copy the file into the media folder. There is also a new mytvscheduler.xml file to fix the problem with nothing being highlighted.

I think the problem with the time disappearing has to do with the time display being too small...in other words, when the extra digit for the hour needs to be displayed, there isnt enough space to do so...so mp displays nothing. I'll record something tonight and take a look at it. there isnt a whole lot of space to move it to the right much, so the time display might have to use a smaller font.

Lastly, the feature that groups series into a folder in RecordedTV - is that a skin feature or part of TV plugin?
    Not sure what you are getting at here...but its probably a tv module feature rather than a skinning thing.

for those who use the cvs version, i've uploaded a new file with a few fixes.

GDive

Portal Member
    May 13, 2005
    London, UK
    Apologees

Boilermaker...big apologeez. You are right I was referring to the Blue Two skin and not your mce one. My problem hasn't gone away though even after a whole reload of WinxP and Mediaportal. I keep an image of my PC at hand in case people second guess me and tell me to reinstall WinXP.

I really don't know what to do and I'm thinking about going back to version 0.1.2.0. You say you use Zoomplayer, I take it that it works well. I do again apologise and will post this somewhere else.

Cheers

G-Dive

vbap

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Boilermaker said:
    i uploaded a new graphic for the highlight. Just copy the file into the media folder. There is also a new mytvscheduler.xml file to fix the problem with nothing being highlighted.

That hasn't worked for me - it still highlights only the Channel icon. I have restarted the machine after copying the background (and also the xml), but still the same behaviour.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    vbap,
    That hasn't worked for me - it still highlights only the Channel icon.
    that's my fault for leaving something out of the last post. after you run a skin for the first time, there are two files created in the skin's top level directory (the mce1280x720 directory if you didnt change its name from the zipped up file). i can't remember their names right off the top of my head, and i'm not at home to check...but they are the two largest files in the directory. one is an xml file, it should be about 575k and the other is is .png about 1.6 mb. with media portal not running, delete these two files, then run mp. when i get home i'll edit this post to include the exact names of the files to be deleted.

EDIT: packedgfx0.png, and packedgfx.xml are the files that should be erased. they are like cache files for graphics and need to be purged any time there is a change.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    I've uploaded a new cvs version of the skin to the ftp server, for those who are using cvs versions of mp. please keep in mind that the skin is even more beta than the usual cvs skin versions. If (when) you encounter errors, please post to this thread or pm me and let me know you are using the cvs version.

thanks

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Skin has been updated for mp 0.2 rc1. I've spent the better part of the last week rebuilding my htpc, so I haven't been able to test the skin as much as normal. If there are any errors/bugs please pm me or post to this thread.

thank you.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    yea, that's what happens when you work on two skins at once and don't leave a lot of time for testing. Forgot to copy the file from one directory to the other.

EDIT: I've uploaded a new version as of 9/15 with the above correction, a few more fixes and updated graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom